(6) Reasons Behind Hate

Earlier That Morning...

Law's Pov

"You haven't touched your breakfast" Smoker was always worrying too much for his own good and even now he was treating me like a child. He should have understood why I wasn't touching what was in front of me but no he just had to point it out. "I lost my appetite" The coffee was the only thing I did finish however according to him that didn't count as breakfast or any other meal for that matter.

"Law, I understand the hurt you have but you're letting him control your life. You need to move o-" He shouldn't have said anything about her and I wasn't going to let him finish that sentence. "Move on!? Don't even suggest such a ridiculous thing! He destroyed everything I had in life! I-I should have protected her but I let her down!" She was the most important person in my life; I was nothing without her. It wasn't ever going to change how I felt but I still wanted to kill that man. Maybe then I'd be able to sleep at night.

"What are you going to do about it?" Again, he had opened his mouth but at least he left her out of our decision. I was in a bad mood and knew getting angry didn't help my case however that man just brought out the worst in me. "What?" Smoker was a lot of things but I didn't take him for a complete moron. He hardly spoke up against me before so I couldn't understand why he was taking such a stance toward me now. "I said what are you going to do about it? You have a plan, don't you?"

I thought it over for a second but replied once I realized he only wanted to know what was going to happen in the coming days. "That girl is the key. We get to her; we get to him. He hates when his game is interrupted, right?" That bastard had a pattern and if I disrupted it all chaos would break loose. I could care less however still needed to be cautious should his anger be distracted directly towards me. He was stronger than me, he always had been although the key to his defeat was taking away his food source.

"What are you trying to say, Law?" Smoker most likely assumed my plan wouldn't succeed but he was wrong. If that bastard's game was interrupted, he'd have no choice other than to deal with the problem personally. He has no family left, after all, he was alone with no one to stand with him. "That girl is bound to be in the forest again and when she is we'll speak to her about what that monster plans to do with her... Why are you looking at me like that?"

That look wasn't one I was very fond of; Smoker knew that although it refused to fade as my plans were picked apart. "I think your plan needs work. The girl will behave negatively if you tell her a blonde bastard has an entire world through a small door in her house and sews buttons into the eyes of his victims" This was my plan and Smoker shouldn't have questioned it. I hated when he did but didn't want to admit it was rushed. Thinking of anything else would take valuable time that we unfortunately lacked. In my mind even if she didn't believe the truth the thought would at least be there. "It will be fine"

Smoker had finally given up on sending me that look although he still questioned my plans. "Do you truly believe that?" I saw why he had asked and even if it wasn't going to change my mind, I turned back to him. My frown was deepening however it wasn't as if I smiled often for it to concern him. "No, but it's all I came up with. His game has already begun. Her time left in this life is counting down"

"Her death wasn't your fault... You did all you could" I had thought he had given up on speaking about her but I was wrong. However, I couldn't find the strength to get angry with him. My tone lowered slightly but other than that, things remained the same. "That's where you're wrong. La- My sister is dead because of what I didn't do. That's why this time will be different. I'm done standing by and letting him take everything he wants. That brat will not lose her life as she did... It's what she would have wanted"