(26) One Returns

Doflamingo's Pov

"Really, Doffy?" I knew my feelings toward those people although Elizabeth was currently in the dark regarding their crimes. In time perhaps I would tell her the entire truth but today was not the right time. "You do not understand what they have done. They deserve a much worse title but that would only take up my precious time" When Elizabeth's fingers further tangled into my hair, I thought about getting up. She was starting to pull and while I knew it was not intended, I wanted it to stop. "Will you tell me about it? I want to understand you better"

"No, I will not retell that day. It brings me too much pain" We would have stayed in this position all day although my peace was shattered within a second as someone made their presence known. "Is causing pain not what you crave? Tsk. I thought you have finally come to your senses although I only find you lounging in the arms of a small child" That voice only belonged to one person and as I got off of Elizabeth, I was met by someone who left my kingdom years ago. "Who the hell are you calling a child? Doffy, who is that?"

Elizabeth wanted answers although right now she would need to wait. "Little brother. How did you enter my domain? You left a long time ago" I stood protectively beside Elizabeth although made sure to keep an eye on her encase she decided to move closer to the enemy. "That is not important and frankly I will not be telling you. However, I am curious about something" He was never supposed to return to this kingdom although there was no denying, I was also curious as to why he had arrived after all these years. "What would you be curious about?"

"You allowed Lami to leave. I want to know why. I also want to know why this girl is still alive. You are not the type to own pets or if you do, they do not live long. This one appears healthy enough" It had taken me a moment to realize what Elizabeth had been referred to although before I could reply the girl behind me decided to speak up. "Did he just call me a pet?" Becoming upset would not end well so I tried to deal with the situation quickly and before Elizabeth could see anything unpleasant. "You should leave. This place is my domain and I do not care for guests"

"Hey! Stop ignoring me! Tell me who that man is!" Elizabeth's hand had wrapped around mine as her temper flared but I refused to allow her to move from the chair. She needed to stay away from this man even if I had to use a little force. "Look at what you have done. My Elizabeth is upset" Taking my free hand I patted Elizabeth on the head although pulled away when she tried to slap me. "Doflamingo, stop doing that and you better tell me who that man is!"

I was surprised she did not see the similarities. However, maybe it was for the best she did realize who he was at first glance. I could have easily told I lie but did not want to risk the truth being told immediately after I spoke. So, before she could grow more upset, I started to speak. "He was my little brother" That had made her hand release my own although my brother did not exactly care for my comments. "Tsk. Last time I checked we were still family. Well, that was until you... I am not here to start childish fights with you. Are you going to answer my question or is that too difficult for you"

Getting rid of him would be easy and I was fully intending on throwing him through the nearest window although little Elizabeth had other plans. "Hello, I am Elizabeth. Who are you?" She still remained in her chair but even if she had not moved, I did not care for how she had sent him a warm smile. That smile was for me and I was not about to share it. "Do not speak to him, Elizabeth. You are mine and-"

"Hush. You're too obsessed for your own good. He will answer my question because you refuse to properly introduce him and don't even think about doing anything stupid either Doflamingo" I had nearly missed it however as I heard her speak my full name instead of the nickname, I realized this was going to end badly if I continued to irritate her. "You have found quite the treasure. Hm, I am Donquixote Rosinante. I should be returning to Law. He has been under quite a bit of stress in my absence. Poor thing is bound to lose his mind if left unattended any longer. Oh, and before I leave there is one more thing"