(10) Still A Dream?

"You are precious to me" Those eyes reflected a strange emotion although I could not place what it could be. I would have stared a little long but before I could the emotion changed. "That's good... Wow! Look at that Mingo! It's healing already!" When her wound had fully healed, I removed my hand and headed back to the stove. "Fufufu. Now, all you need to do is sit still while I finish making lunch. Can you manage such a simple task?"

I had my back turned away from the girl as I checked to make sure the meal did not burn but when Elizabeth stuck her tongue out, I felt the need to comment on her behavior. "It is considered rude to stick your tongue out at people, Elizabeth. Please put it back in your mouth" When those eyes of hers narrowed I only grinned as I plated lunch. "I didn't do anything" She could try to deny it although I had clearly seen her. "Playing the innocent card, are we? Fufufu. You should work on your ability to tell a lie... Come along Elizabeth we will enjoy this together"

Elizabeth would be the only person eating today but I would have a plate in front of me to pick at in case she asked. "What about the vegetables?" Her small pile was still on the cutting board however I would not require them today. "This dish does not use vegetables" I had already started walking towards the door although Elizabeth refused to get up. "Why did you have me cutting them up if you weren't going to use them?"

"I needed to keep you occupied although I will find a use for them after. Come along before your lunch gets cold" Stepping out of the room I began heading for the dining room as I heard a soft thump from the kitchen. "Hey, wait for me!"

~~~~~~~~~~

20 Minutes Later...

Elizabeth's Pov

"Is something the matter, Elizabeth?" I must have been spacing out since by the time I looked up at Doflamingo I noticed his finger was about to poke my cheek. Thankfully his hand moved away but I was still a little confused as to what he wanted. "Hm, what do you mean?" He was quick to reply. However, I almost wish I didn't have to think about what had been bothering me. "You have not spoken a word since I put that plate in front of you. Is there something on your mind?"

"Well... Can I ask you something?" I didn't want to ask about it although he desired the chance to defend himself. He was being accused of such awful things and I didn't want to believe he was that kind of person. "You can ask me anything your little heart desires" It took me a second to gather my thoughts but I had decided to only ask about the man I had seen. "Well, I met this man in the forest yesterday and I saw him again this morning" Immediately Doflamingo leaned closer making me slightly uncomfortable. "A man?"

"Yeah, he was wearing cat ears-" I couldn't even finish my sentence as Doflamingo butted in. My first thought was to cut him off as well although when I noticed the veins on his forehead, I stayed quiet until he finished. "You encountered Trafalgar Law" I hadn't gotten the last name but clearly, he knew him. "That was the name the other man used or at least the Law part... What do you know about him?"

"If you care about your life, I suggest you stay far away from him. He is a dangerous man with a passion for cutting people into pieces" That last part made me freeze but I recovered before asking, well more like making a risky statement to Doflamingo "He said you were the dangerous one" I couldn't see if he had been taken off guard because of those stupid sunglasses, however, wasn't about to touch him to get them away from him. "Did he now? Who do you believe Elizabeth?"

Of course, I couldn't believe either male 100%. Besides, I was never the best at picking out when a person was lying. Maybe I got it right once or twice although other than that I couldn't tell. "I trust you more than him but he said something that makes me worry" Law had said one thing with such hurt in his voice and I almost believed him. I mean why would a person lie about something as terrible as that? "What did he say?" Telling he now wasn't a good time. I couldn't imagine how he would react and frankly, that scared me. "I'm not sure if I should tell you... You could hurt me"