(16) Love vs Hate

An Hour Later...

Doflamingo's Pov

'Thump' 'Thump' 'Thump'

It had taken me longer than expected to prepare her breakfast however as I returned to our room I picked up on the banging. Standing outside I could see the amount of force she was putting on her fists each time the door rumbled. "Poor little thing is going to bruise herself" I could understand that staying in that room was not ideal but she needed to be punished for what had happened between us. When there was a pause in the thumping, I opened the door and noticed instead of being at the door Elizabeth had fled underneath the bed.

"Elizabeth... If you eat all of your breakfast, I will allow you to explore the palace until noon. Does that sound fair?" Giving her some freedom would be the best choice although that offer did not appear to satisfy her. "You're a lair! Go away!"

"Sorry, but I will not be leaving until this plate is empty. If you continue being stubborn forcing it down your ungrateful- No, I should not have gotten upset. Please eat some of it Elizabeth and then you are free to explore all you want" I needed to learn how to control my temper with her although I was too used to having things my way. Changing would be difficult however as I took a seat Elizabeth slowly made her way over. She refused to look at me. I could not blame her and when she took the muffin, I watched her carefully retreat back into the safety of a corner.

"Did you put anything in this muffin?" I had not expected to hear her speak although was almost offended she would think I would do such a thing. Still, I played dumb when I replied to her. "What do you mean Elizabeth? I put some cinnamon in for taste" Her eyes were glaring at me although I pretended not to notice. "Did you drug it?" Despite what I had already done to her I had no reason to add anything to her meal. "Of course not. Why would think that?"

Elizabeth's Pov

"You had no problem with kidnapping me" As I returned to looking at my muffin, I picked off a piece while waiting for Doflamingo to come up with an excuse for his actions. I didn't have to eat it however I was getting hungry and starving to death wasn't about to happen. "That is different" He was crazy although when I held up the small piece of muffin, I decided to ask him once about it. Sure, he might have been insane but I doubted this food was going to kill me. "So, this muffin is safe to eat?"

"Yes" That was good enough for me so I took a bite. After I was done chewing, I turned to Doflamingo to ask him about the freedom he was offering me. "You said I could leave this room after I finish this muffin, right?" I might not be able to leave this hell hole although I would settle with exploring this palace while also planning my escape. "Well, I would like you to eat everything on this tray but if you are satisfied with the muffin then that is all you need to finish. You are free to explore the palace until bedtime"

I had thought he said before I was only allowed to stay out until noon however, I wasn't going to bring it up. Having him change his mind wouldn't benefit me but there was one thing I still wanted to know. "Are you going to follow me around?" I would rather stay in here if he was planning on trailing behind me all day. "No, I have other matters to attend to this morning. I will leave you to your own devices. However, if you fail to return here, I will come looking for you. Finish your breakfast then enjoy your day. If you require anything I will be in my office down the hall. I will leave the door open"

He was already leaving the room but I stopped him with a question. "Am I allowed to have a key?" Sure, he had taken away my button key and I doubted he'd give it back however this house had many other locked doors I wished to open. "Why would you require a key?" It was almost like he was glaring at me but I tried my best to ignore it as I reasoned with him. "Most doors in this place are locked. I want to open them, have a peek inside you know stuff like that"