(29) Two Different Wants

Elizabeth's Pov

Doflamingo never left me alone although I figured whatever he needed to do was important. He would eventually return but right now I would enjoy my little taste testing without him bring here to ruin it. "Where is His Majesty going?" The baker had returned and I only gave her a quick response before turning my focus to the tray of cupcakes she was carrying. "He'll be back. So, what kind of cake do we have to taste?"

"This cake is a light sponge cake with rich buttercream icing but if that is not to your liking, we have this chocolate cake with boiled icing. Oh, and we have more options in the showcase as well. Please, take your time... However, I must ask" I knew it had to be about Doflamingo. She was one of his subjects but I almost feared not having an answer to her question. I had only known Doflamingo for so long and there were still details I didn't know about him. Heck, I was marrying this man but he was still a mystery. Maybe I was making the wrong choice. Maybe I was rushing into things. I didn't know although it was too late to stop it now, he did make me happy after all.

The girl's question could have been anything and as I replied to her request, I joked a little bit. "How did I manage to seduce the king? Hehehe. Well, I didn't. He just decided to fall madly in love with me" When the baker replied I could hear the doubt in her voice. "The King loves no one other than himself. I had heard that every day from the people who wish to dethrone him however you are different. No disrespect but the rumors are not kind ones" I was sure Doflamingo had done cruel things to this kingdom so I took no offense to her comments.

"Rumors are just that... Doflamingo is a kind man once you get passed his thick skin" He was a guarded man but I knew he wasn't all bad despite the way he chose to act. "Can you tell me about him?" I had an idea of what she wanted however I still wanted to ask in order to make sure I didn't completely go in the wrong direction. "What do you mean?" She was practically shaking although I knew without Doflamingo being here there was no need to panic. "Who is the King when no one is watching? Are the rumors about him simply unfounded lies?"

"Well..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere...

Doflamingo's Pov

Leaving Elizabeth in that bakery was a risk although dealing with this issue would be easier without her present. I knew she would be fine and on the slim chance she was harmed I would skin every person in this worthless kingdom. Elizabeth was waiting but even as I walked the streets finding my target was difficult. "Where did that girl run off to?" She had already spotted me earlier however I refused to believe she would flee this precious kingdom of hers. It was the only home she had after all.

"I saw him! He was walking with some girl!" There she was. "You must calm down. Did you notice his appearance? The Young Master has been in the palace for so long that it must be hard on his eyes being here. I hope that girl is not pulling him too much" Elizabeth might have been stuck in her ways but they had no right to speak about my bride. "I saw that girl punch the Young Master when he gave her a compliment. She is such a mean person. How could she do that to the Young Master?"

They were close and as I thought about the comments being made, I felt my frown deepening. My Elizabeth could fight me all day and night although I refused to care. She had her good days as well as her bad. "Elizabeth is the sole reason the cage has fallen. I am sure the Young Master is aware of her behavior but perhaps he admires it. He always had a special interest in violence" I had finally found where they had been gathered and while I could have ended each of their lives immediately, I wanted to drag it out. "So, this is where you traitors have been hiding? Fufufu. I could kill you all right n-"