(25) Bird Cage

Elizabeth's Pov

We had been heading outside but I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. He must have taken too much of my blood during his little feeding. "Doflamingo, I don't feel good" When I said that I felt him stop walking before he readjusted his hold on me. "Your body needs rest Elizabeth. Should I take you to bed instead?" The rest would have done me good although I wasn't about to have Doflamingo get out of our agreement. I had let him feed on me because I wanted to see the light. If I had gone to bed I would have had to wait until tomorrow and that wasn't going to happen.

"No, I want to see you keep your end of the deal first... Where are you going? Outside is the other way" When he started walking in the direction of our bedroom, I become confused and was about to start nagging at him. "You can sit on the balcony. The view will be better from there anyway" Oh, that would work. As long as he kept his side of the bargain then I'd be fine although there was something else, I wanted if we were going upstairs. "Doflamingo, can I have a blanket? It feels like I'm freezing"

"The red one?" Doflamingo shouldn't have needed to ask that question. He knew I only liked one blanket for lounging about so I might have gotten a little moody as I replied. "If it's not too much trouble" When his head tilted down, I knew he had picked up on my tone but caring was the last thing on my mind. "Are you still upset with me Elizabeth?" I didn't have to tell him anything although regardless of whether I needed to I still did. "You bit me in four different spots. It hurts like hell and you're not even trying to comfort me"

Even if I wasn't completely comfortable with Doflamingo I would have still liked to see him try to show he cared. "I gave you the proper aid and offered you food as well. What more comfort do you require?" He had tried to fix the damage he caused but still I was emotionally hurt. I could understand he might not have realized the feelings of others although I was supposed to be the most important person in his life.

"Usually when you hurt the person you love and care for comforting would include physical affection" He didn't say anything at first but when he replied I picked up on his confusion. "I do not follow" This must have been completely new to him so I gave him a little explanation. "Hugs are typical. Telling them how sorry you are and how it will never happen again but then somehow, they do the same thing. It becomes a cycle of hurt because the other person refuses to feel trul-"

When his finger pressed against my lips I was forced to stop talking. My first reaction was to smack him but before I could his fingers moved toward my cheeks. I had been crying and only realized when he wiped them away. "I became carried away. I did not intend to hurt you, Elizabeth. You are crying my darling. Please stop I hate seeing you upset like this. You can yell all you want but seeing your tears is something I can not handle" He needed to get better at lying if he expected to believe that bullshit of a lie. "Then maybe you should stop being a jerk!"

When Doflamingo moved to hold me by my underarms I had prepared to hit the floor although found myself being set gently on the bed. "Here is your blanket. Are you well enough to sit outside or do you want to sit by the window?" Wrapping myself up in the blanket I thought it over but quickly made my choice. "I'd like to sit outside" The window seat was nice however when this darkness went away, I wanted to have a perfect view and walk around if need be. "Very well but if you begin to feel worse, please tell me"

"Whatever. Hurry up I want to make sure you keep your end of the deal and then I'm going to take a nap" When he picked me up from the bed, I expected him to start walking to the balcony door although he didn't. Instead, he decided to pester me for a couple of seconds. "Demanding little thing. Fufufu. It is perhaps the quality I love the most about you" If I wasn't mistaken that was some kind of weird compliment so I gave one in return. "You are perhaps the most annoying man I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Get to work"