(24) Her Request

Doflamingo's Pov

"Elizabeth, is this fire to your likely? Eliza- Oh, she is asleep. Fufufu. It would be best not to disrupt her" With Elizabeth asleep, I could have gone off to complete a few tasks although I decided against it as I settled in beside her. The discussion we had earlier was still weighing on my mind. She had wanted the darkness gone however I wanted it to remain. It was the one thing protecting the palace beside myself and if it was gone then anything, or anyone could harm my Elizabeth.

"Why do you wish to undo my hard work? Tsk. I do not care for your enjoyment of light" She had yet to be turned and that process would take years. I could turn her at any moment although I would not steal away her life just yet. She would not be happy with me if I did it by force and I had at least wanted a child with her. Turning her too soon would take that away from me. "Elizabeth... Sweet, innocent Elizabeth... Why must you want so much?" She was in a deep slumber so never replied although that was fine.

"Is what you said the truth?" She had spoken to three members of my once loyal family although I did not believe what she said. It could not be the truth. They were all traitors and should have been cursing my name. Elizabeth must have been tricked while speaking with them. Perhaps that is why she desires the darkness gone, they put the foolish idea into her head. "Doflamingo, shut up... Y..." Shifting my force to Elizabeth I realized she was only talking in her sleep as per usual. Giving her, another look I pressed my lips to her temple before I untangled myself from her body.

"I will return my little Elizabeth. Do not worry I will be close by" With her in this state I could easily take a look into her world and see just where those traitors were hiding. They had to be close as Elizabeth never went far from the house. I did not have much time although I needed to ease my mind about them. I needed to know what lies they had filled my darling's head with. I needed to know what poor intentions they thought they could get away with. Elizabeth was mine and no one was going to bring her harm. Of course, I had my fair share of fights with her although I would never harm her on purpose or without reason.

"I love you, Elizabeth. Stay asleep until I return"

~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime Later...

Elizabeth's Pov

I didn't mean to fall asleep but when I finally came to, I slowly sat up. My eyes searched the room for Doflamingo although I couldn't see him. He had been here earlier and judging by the still-lit fire I must not have been asleep for long. "What did he go this time?" My headache was completely gone so I deemed it safe to get out of bed. I did make a pit stop in the bathroom however it wasn't long before I was standing in the hall. "There's strange. He didn't lock the door"

Doflamingo usually locked the door whenever he left me in there so I took it as he must have been nearby. I tried to listen for any noise. My ears didn't pick up on anything but that was fine since I had already decided to wander down the hall. His office was down this way although as I reached it, I noticed it was closed. "Where else could he be?" Wandering further down the hall I eventually came across a door that was slightly open. It took me a second although when I realized it was his sewing room I hesitated.

This room always gave me the chills but I knew he must have been in there. Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open and stepped in. I expected to find Doflamingo inside but surprisingly it was empty. My plan was to leave however before I got the chance, I noticed something sitting on one of the shelves. "My little doll... What are you doing up there?" I had nearly forgotten about that doll. Doflamingo must have put it in here and I could have left it alone but I had already started walking towards it. The shelf it was placed on was high up, much higher than my arms could reach.