(22) History Repeats

Present...

Elizabeth's Pov

"H-He... I-I"

My words couldn't form but the moment Lami started to speak again I turned my head to give her my full attention. "You need to leave this place. The button key may be gone but there is another way to leave this cursed place. Find the key to unlock the door which leads to a window. There you may return to your own world. However, use caution he does not like when his game is interrupted" She had sounded so calm and nothing about her tone just away any traces of fear. "W-What key are you t-talking? H-How are you so calm after retelling such a terrible thing? I-I am so sorry"

"My death was my own fault there is no need for you to be sorry. Why I am like this is partially due to having the time to reflect. I may have the body of a mere child but I am no longer that foolish little girl" Lami did make a good point and since I didn't want to force out any negative emotions I decided to ask about her situation. "C-Can you not leave this place?" I was still freaking out inside but I was trying my best to not let it show in my voice. "Without my eyes, I am bound to this world. None of us can leave. We are trapped until what was once ours has been returned"

"We?" I had only thought it was Lami here and even now I didn't see anyone else. "Yes, we. I am afraid they will not come out of hiding so I will act on their behalf. One had been here before me and I had failed to listen to his warning. You must not waste any more time, Elizabeth. Go before he causes you to forget"

'Clap' 'Clap' 'Clap'

When the sound of clapping filled the hall, I immediately felt my skin grow cold as my head slowly turned to look behind me. "Fufufufu. This again? I had thought I made my orders clear. Perhaps you need a little more force to stay away from what belongs to me. Elizabeth, go eat your supper. Your innocent eyes should not witness this" The way his fingertips brushed against my neck as he walked past caused me to start shaking but I refused to do as he said. "No, stop! Stay away from her!"

Putting myself in front of Lami I watched as Doflamingo stopped a few feet short of us. I knew it was only a matter of time before he tried something so I started to think of a plan. "You have caused my queen to become upset with me. That is un-" Before he could continue, I had made the decision to sink my teeth into his wrist. It wasn't my finest moment but since Doflamingo had started to move forward I had panicked. "Elizabeth, you should not bite people it is not nice. Let go my darling... I said let go!"

When his fingers pushed themselves into my mouth, I forced released my hold. Despite that, I still remained in front of Lami acting as a wall between the pair. "Y-You will not go near them!" I was terrified but even though I was shaking I stayed in place. There was no way I could live with myself if I abandoned her. "Come along my darling. We will have to go through the process once again" I hadn't been prepared for him to pick me up but the moment he did I began to try to break free. "W-What are you doing!? Put me down!"

My fists were banging against his back although I knew it wasn't going to make him let me go. "I will deal with them later. For now, I will ensure you are taken care of. Why did you have to wander into this part of the palace again? I can not continue to erase your memories. Your health will only suffer"

"Put me down! Stop it!" I couldn't keep hitting him for long but I was determined to at least cause him some pain. He probably didn't even feel my hits and despite that, I continued the assault. "Such a fighter you are, my darling. Fufufu. Do not worry this day will all be erased and then we may start again. Wait here for a moment. Oh, do not try to break the strings it will only cause you harm" I hadn't realized he had taken me to the kitchen but as I was forced into a chair my wrists were bound to the arms of it. He told me it would cause harm although I didn't care as I started wiggling my wrists around.