𝙐𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙐𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚

2 years ago...

You leaned on the castle wall boredly twirling your index finger to create small spells to amuse yourself. It's been a few months since you join the Emperor's Coven, yet in those few months, you've done more than the other guards who have been here for years. You were the youngest guard in the Emperor's Coven that you knew of. You had been assigned to normal guard duty around the castle, usually, you'd be on a mission or preparing one. 

You stop messing around immediately once you saw the head witch of the Emperor's Coven, Lilith. Coming straight towards you. Other guards around you immediately also straighten up as they saw her and are a bit fearful. 

She looked down at your structure, with two guards at her side as usual. Steve you believe was on one side and you had no idea who the other was. "Y/n, I presume?"

"Yes ma'am." You responded respectfully, saluting also. 

"The Emperor wishes to speak to you." She said without breaking eye contact.

You could help but feel small under her gaze. Nonetheless, you went with her, awkwardly.

"Ya! All hail Emperor Belos!"

You all walked down the halls of the castle without speaking. As soon as you made it to the grand, wooden doors of the throne room, you heard her voice speak from behind you.

"Good luck."

You entered a bit anxiously. You saw the emperor sitting on his golden throne, tall and intimidating with the Golden Guard standing right beside him. You bowed humbly, now kneeling on one foot as your footsteps already alerted them of your presence. 

"Ah Y/n, glad you could join us. How do you like the coven?" Belos asked.

You spoke politely "I'm quite comfortable, thank you. You asked for me, Emperor Belos?"

The Emperor chuckled, "Right to the point. Yes, I wish to appoint you to a new opening, the Sliver Guard. You will be working with the Golden Guard from now on, as a second in command." 

The Golden Guard was taken back as he sputtered, "What!? B-but their just a kid! Belos please, I'm sure I can work better my-"

The Emperor eye's glowed blue from behind the mask, "Is there a problem, Hunter?" 

The Golden Guard turned away, "No, forgive me for my childish actions. It won't happen again, Uncle." 

Belos faced towards you once again, "As I was saying, young witch, you have been working very hard and your tireless work has been rewarded."

You nodded, "Thank you Emperor Belos,  I'm honored." You didn't mind working with the 'Golden Brat' as Belos had saved your life and you were grateful.

You became a bit shocked as the Emperor walk towards you helping you up. He placed a hand on your shoulder. Handing you a new uniform and silver mask.

"Welcome to the family. The titan has big plans for you."

...

You and the Golden Guard walked out of the throne room for your first mission. For 'bonding' as Belos put it. You had the new uniform under your armpit as you admired your new shining mask with the other free hand. You stumbled back as you bumped into someone. An older witch with light blue hair, readjusted their glasses as they stumbled out of place.

"I'm so sorry!" You said guilty. 

"It's alright I wasn't looking where I was going."

They noticed your mask, "Your the new recruit right? Congratulations on your new promotion. If you ever need anything I'll be in the Bard office room."

Your eyes beamed "Your part of the bard coven! That's really cool!" You didn't know why but the Bard coven excited you as well as the Beasts coven but not as much.

The blue-haired witch flushed in embarrassment, putting their hand behind their neck "Heh, not too many witches get excited about the Bard coven." 

"I'd hate to interrupt...whatever this is. But as the Emperor requested I have a mission to accomplish." The Golden Guard said sternly.

"Sorry, I'll be going now. Good luck." They said waving as they walked away.

You looked to the Golden Guard, "Your Hunter right? I'm Y-"

He interrupted, "Alright let's get this clear, I'm not jazzed that the Emperor assigned you to me. So let's set up some ground rules, 1: Don't get in my way. 2:  This is just an unexpected and unfortunate outcome of life. We're not a team, were not friends, were co-workers, got it? 3: Don't bother me."

You only shrugged, you only were there as a way of repaying the Emperor's kindness. This wasn't unexpected most of the other guards didn't even talk to you. You just needed to get acquainted, nothing else. Nothing else at all.

"Understood. I mean I wouldn't want to befriend a complaining, dimwitted giraffe." You sneered.

"I'm glad we have an understanding." He scowled. 

Edited 7/16/23