𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩-𝙈𝙚-𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙨

2 years ago...

Your first mission as second in command wasn't going great. You were pretty sure your new "partner" was trying to get you killed. 

You were walking to your new mission with your partner walking ahead. It's like he won't let you go beyond him even in walking. 

You tried a friendly approach, "Soo...what's your favorite animal?" 

The Golden Guard kept walking and grumbled in response. Thats enlightening.

 You continued having a one-sided conversation. "My personal favorite is the Niffler. Chaotic little guys and also adorable! They can hide as much as their pouch fits and can be incredibly clever and mischievous. Oh and-" 

You blabbed away. "They're also rumored to be related to platypus from the human realm and-"

Hunter rolled his eyes. How could someone be so annoying? But he'd be lying if he wasn't interested. Of course, he wouldn't let you acknowledge that. 

"Would you be quiet already, the Emperor gave me a task. And that's exactly what I'm going to accomplish. We're not friends and never will be." The Golden Guard snapped.

You frowned, how can he be so damn rude? An idea popped into your head. 

"You keep saying that, are you trying to convince me or yourself? Just admit it Goldie your starting to tolerate me." You smirked.

He groaned at the new nickname. You had been giving him new ones just to annoy him and it was working. 

"Tolerate? I might as well be allergic to you." He retorted. 

You pouted, "How much longer do we need to walk anyway. I'm not exactly athletic." 

He ignored you walking faster. You glared at him.

 "Rude bitch.." you mumbled chasing after him.

...

You were both in the darkness, literally. The two young teens had to go into the sewers looking for a scroll. For what? Only Titan knows. It used to be a series of catacombs going throughout the Bolling Isles. It was actually intriguing. 

Goldie couldn't stop talking about it as you walked in the maze of smelly tunnels.

He seemed quite happy when he talked about things like this. You decided to once again push his buttons.

"What happened to accomplishing the task we were sent to do? Hmm?" You teased.

Hunter unknowingly to you felt a little flustered from you using his words earlier and a little guilty. Maybe he was being rude. Should he apologize?... Nah.

...

"It should be somewhere around here?" Hunter said looking at the map he had summoned.

You gasped as you almost fell into the gray water...disgusting. 

"It's probably under all this shit," You said.

Hunter looked back at you with what you thought was a 'really?' face behind his mask. 

"Real mature."

"Thanks!"

...

Hunter groaned in frustration, "Where is this stupid stroll?!"

You too were starting to get frustrated, especially with the smell of the river waste next to you.

You took the map from him, "lemme see." 

It was an old dusty, crusty map and the paint was coming off. 

"Goldie..what are you looking for exactly?" You asked.

"Don't-never mind. There is supposed to be a mark or a ruin but there isn't I just don't get it!" He groaned pulling on his blonde hair.

You were both at a dead end with vines and blue vines growing from the gross water below.

"Hey it's ok, take a breath. Is it supposed to be a...uhh? A flower?" You guessed.

"It's a gorget-me-not flower," said Hunter quite confidently, "...I think?"

You turn around moving the vines, Hunter took the map so you could create some light.

Behind the vines was beautiful old illustrations of a lovely blue flower. The cracks of times dented the illuminating painting, you were drawn in. The light from your magic touched the wall and send chills down your spine.

You reached out touching the markings, feeling the history and memory of the beautiful painting. As if you could see the memory as clearly as the ruin in front of you. You pushed the flower as it click you felt fuzzy and a new door appeared.

Your head burst all of a sudden it was excruciating. You reached to your head as you fell to your knees, moaning and groaning in pain. Like a nail being hammered into your skull multiple times.

"There it is-Woah hey," Hunter crouched next to you worried a bit. "A-are you okay?" 

He was unsure what to do. You were still in pain, one of the worst in your experience.

Just as quickly as the pain came... it left. You got up slowly with your partner's help. You thanked him.

He began slowly,  "Are you okay now? What-Does this happen often?"

You nodded your head slowly, " Yes...yeah, I'm okay. It usually doesn't hurt that bad. I'm fine though, thanks. Uh, we should-we should get going."

Hunter narrow his eyes on your figure as you walked away.

'Usually?'

Edited 7/16/23