𝙀𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙠𝙚

You were sitting down in your room with a book Hunter and you were reading together. The red cardinal sat by you chirping every once in a while. The book was about the human realm. Hunter would tell you about it from what he learned from Belos and forbidden books you two found in the library. It had become a small dream of yours to see rain in the human world. Hunter told you that rain, including the water, doesn't boil there. You wished you see and feel it. You also wished to see a platypus. They were a myth but if the human world has non-boiling waters, they might have a platypus too.

You were so intrigued that you didn't notice the bird had flown to your door and somehow opened it. Your ears perked up from the sound of your creaking door. You saw the red bird hop away. You panicked and jumped off the bed, scooping him up. 

You sighed in relief and looked outside to see if anyone saw what had happened. 

You raised him up, "What were you thinking? Someone could have seen you." 

Ever since you and Hunter got back from your last mission. The red bird kept following you two, mostly Hunter.

He chirped, and you tilted your head, "Sorry my guy. But I don't understand what your saying."

An idea popped into your head.

"Chrip twice if you want to go search for Hunter." 

He chirped twice, you nodded then put on your cape. You hid him under your cape and walked out to look for your best friend.

You remembered something about Hunter saying he was going to talk with Belos. You walked to the Throne Room and waited outside. After a while of waiting you peeked your head, no one was there. The little red bird uncovered himself and flew off. You tried to catch him but he was too quick. You cursed under your breath. Your hands began to shake.

'What if Belos finds him?'

You followed the bird to a different room you didn't know existed. You looked around to see the red bird fly to a certain blondie. Hunter slightly jumped and look back to see the bird and you. He looked at you with wide eyes and confusion. You pointed to the bird and flapped your arms like a bird to signal he flew away from you. He tried to shake off the bird and shooed him away. 

Belos called out to Hunter you both froze. Hunter hid the bird and shooed you away. You left the room and speedily headed to the door. You waited outside. You bounced your foot anxiously.

'What if he knew you were there? What if he finds the palismen?'

You chewed the inside of your cheek.

...

After a while, Hunter walked out. You went up to him apologizing, he reassured you over and over everything was fine. The red bird peaked from under his cape and Hunter scolded the bird for causing you trouble and following him. You asked Hunter what happened in there. 

He explained to you about the Titan's blood leaving some things out that he and Belos talked about.

You nodded understanding. The next day you two headed to the knee to get the titan's blood before Kikimora could.