Chapter 5 ~ Agreement

Presley

I had been sitting in this nice shower for about thirty minutes. The water is just now beginning to become cold so I turn it off.

The last couple hours are a blur to me. Nothing made sense. Because one minute I was on the streets laying on the cold concert and the next morning, I'm in a man's bed, a soft bed.

I don't know who this man is. Well I don't know his name, I just know of him. And from what I know... he doesn't seem to care about who I am, or what I look like.

I step out of the shower and wrap a big warm towel around me. I look at myself in the mirror. My hair freshly taken care of, and my body smooth.

I look at the unopened products on the counter and have my go at it. I don't know why I'm trusting whatever this man has in store for me. But something inside me is screaming that... he's not bad, he's good, protect him from the things he doesn't know.

I step out of the bathroom and look on the bed at fresh clothes. I will admit, it's not my style. A pink sweater and white jeans... at least they are baggy.

I step out of the room completely and see the man sitting on his couch watching a show. I think he hears me coming out because he turns to me and smiles. He stands up from the couch and walks over to me.

"I made you food... I wasn't sure what you liked but I cooked a variety. My mom is from France so she is a good cook and she taught me and my siblings how to cook and I-" His rambling stops when he catches my eyes looking at him.

He drops his hand that he was using to talk and smiles. "Sorry." I just nod my head and slowly walk over to the counter and sit at a barstool.

He sits next to me as I put fresh strawberries and toast on my plate. We eat in silence before he speaks up. "What's your name?" I stop chewing midway and look at him, he's already looking at me.

"Presley." I start chewing again and uncover my mouth. A smile makes its way to his face. "Can I call you Pres?" I give him a look before I simply turn my cheek, not giving him an answer.

I finish my food, my hands start playing with themselves. "I'm Greyson!" His voice comes out rushed.

Greyson. Grey. I want to call him that.

I just nod my head, looking over to the door as if waiting for permission to leave. "Can I- do you want to do something?"

I look at him in confusion, asking him to elaborate. "I mean like- look for a house?" Ah. I bite the inside of my cheek. "I don't need a house." I say.

"Everyone needs a house... unless you want to stay with me then i'm cool with that!" He holds his hands up. I let out a deep sigh.

"Anyways... I have to go run errands... did you want to come with? I promise I won't make you look at the house."

A snort bubbles inside me. But I won't let it escape. I just stand up and nod. He nods back and gets his things ready. Since I don't have anything to carry, I just wait by the door. He smiles before opening the door and gesturing to me to exit.

I walk out and follow him to his car. I sit down in the passenger seat and as soon as he turns on the car, some chick starts singing a love song. I look over and see his flushed cheeks.

"I'm sorry!" He reaches over and turns the volume down. I look back to my window and he starts driving. We get to the store about a couple minutes later and we both get out and walk side by side into the store.

I follow behind him, with him looking back occasionally making sure I'm still here. He goes around and picks up food, bathroom supplies, cleaning stuff, anything.

"Pres?" For some reason I look at him. He looks down at me, his body technically hovering over me. I never let a man this close to me. Or even think he has me under his control. But Greyson doesn't seem like he thinks that way.

He seems generally serious and it's like I can see in his head. He's not thinking about me in a bad way, he's not looking me up and down like I'm a toy. He looks in my eyes.

"I wanted to say that- you're welcome to stay at my house if you need... I have things for you." I don't respond, I just nod and continue walking.

He walks behind me to a register and starts scanning things. Once he pays we head out and he loads the trunk.

I look over at his face to get a good look at him. His dimple on his right cheek stands out, his nose isn't pointed at all. He has freckles coating his cheeks and he has a big freckle on his earlobe.

His hair perfectly frames his face. And his eyelashes are longer than mine. I turn away from him and look out my window.

How did I go from homeless, to living with a man who sees only the good in someone? Who is willing to offer them things?

We stop in front of his building, he turns to me as if asking if I took his offer. I simply get out of the car and walk right up to the door... as if telling him yes. I would like to stay with him for a bit longer.

I see a smile on his face as he carries some bags up to the door and he unlocks it to let me in.

This is going to be interesting.