Chapter 14 ~ Arrived

Presley

Still after hours and hours of sleeping. From the car, to literally walking half asleep in the airport, and then also on the plane. I have no idea why I got this tired all of a sudden and I would be lying if I said it did not concern me.

I'm not sure what to think. Maybe its the fact that I was tossing and turning all night because my stupid heart was beating continuesly for the past week.

Having Grey this close to me feels surreal. I have never had someone to take care of me like this, Greys has been nothing but amazing at keeping me from going insane.

I feel myself becoming more and more attached to him. I feel myself becoming safer and safer everytime Im around him. Hell I felt safe when I made eye contact with him for the very first time.

The plane landed a little less than an hour ago and we got out of there as fast as we could. We are now in Minnesota... It's a beautiful state from what I have seen in pictures, and just looking out the window as Grey drives.

He was so considerate... he somehow knows that I'm exhausted from the whole day overall so he got us a hotel room for the first night because he didn't want me to feel overwhelmed by his family so early.

I keep catching myself about to smile or thank him every dang second. But I hold back. I stick one last McDonalds fry in my mouth just as Grey pulls up to the hotel.

I sit in the car as he goes in and gets our room.

Leaving me to my thoughts, I think about what life with Grey could be like. If we were together... would we always take trips like this to see his family? Would his family accept me and I would feel loved?

All these questions pop up in my head the more I have alone time to think about them. I let out a sigh as Grey comes back and stops my thoughts. He opens my door and goes to the trunk to get our things.

We walk in silence as we make our way to the hotel room. I like walking in silence with him, it's never awkward and that's why I feel like myself around him.

We get in the room and I see two beds in a giant space. Grey puts our things down and plops on the bed. A tiny tiny smile forming on my face. I know how tired he is from driving, watching over me, and more driving.

I decide to let him rest when I hear snores coming from his mouth that is slightly parted. I check the time, not being used to being two hours ahead.

I order us some dinner for when Grey wakes up and I spend my free time reading a book I had brought.

☀️

Hours later, around midnight. Me and Grey haven't spoken a word which irritates me to the bone. We ate our dinner and now after a shower, I sit on the little balcony outside and sip on a glass of water.

Having no idea where Grey is, I look out to the city we are in and just soak it in. The air up here feels much cooler than it could ever be in Cali. All my life I spent in California... thinking there was no place better.

But if I had to move... I would move here. Because as soon as we arrived, I felt a sense of freedom... maybe because Minnesota doesn't know me... don't know who I'm about. A fresh start.

I hear the door opening and see Greyson coming out in gray sweatpants and a black top. He smiles when he sees me and sits next to me on the tiny couch.

"Rested?" He asks and I nod. Because I truly think that after a whole day of sleeping I will probably be up all night and I don't mind that.

"You?" I ask back and he nods. "I like it here." I say. I turn to him and he is just staring at my face nodding.

"It's the best place to call home. I would love to move back here when I retire... but a part of me is attached to California now." I nod in understanding.

"For me... I need to leave. I need to get out of there so I can start over." I never told Grey about my past, but if he knew I was homeless and got kicked out... then he knows that I didn't grow up the way he did.

"When is the wedding again?"

"Friday." It was currently a Wednesday. Greyson let me know that we would be here for a week and a half due to him being able to have a holiday.

The wind sends a child down my spine. I wrap my arms tightly around my shoulders. Too bad I love the breeze.

I look over at Grey and see him looking at me with curious eyes. He looks away and clears his throat when he sees me looking at him.

"It's getting dark." I say and stand. He does the same and we both make our way into the room. The hotel room didn't have separate rooms, just two beds next to each other, only divided by a nightstand.

I get into bed and turn off my lamp. From the corner of my eye I see him doing the same. I let out a sigh as my head hits the pillow and I'm facing him.

We look at each other in a comfortable silence. He gives me a small smile before turning his lamp off.

"Night Pres." His voice is a whisper and I find myself growing more and more attached to his reassuring tone.

"Goodnight." I turn over in bed. Trying not to let my head wander to even the thought of him. I would rather have nightmares than even think of running his life with my mistakes.

He deserves more than this. And when I'm able to, I will repay him back.