Chapter 28 ~ Found

Presley

I end up with my head resting on Grey's shoulder on the plane back home.

Sadly, we got on the plane today and had to leave Minnesota.

I would be lying if I said I didn't love every part of it. I felt like that was my home more than California is.

And gosh... ever since the wedding... it's like I'm a new person. My heart isn't pitch black anymore, it has lightened up.

Well too be fair it's been doing that since I met Grey but now- now it's lighter, I feel lighter on my feet.

I open my tired eyes when I hear they captain above us telling us to prepare for landing.

I know I slept the whole time because I don't even remember getting on the plane. Grey probably dragged me.

Grey looks down at me and gives me a smile, not being able to hold himself back, he's leans down and places a kiss to my lips.

Ever since we kissed, we haven't been able to stop. Every chance we get, we kiss. It's like both of us are scared to admit that we are addicted to each other's lips.

I smile into the kiss when he pulls away. "Ready for home?" Home.

It's crazy to think that Grey's home is not considered mine. I was worried that being together would change that but I have high hopes.

Grey helps me off the plane and we make our way to the car in the parking lot that has been sitting there since we left.

The air of the car makes me smile, knowing that me and Grey are back home and don't have the pressure of being fake in front of his family.

We drive in silence, his hand on my leg as he drives us back to his home.

He said we would go pick up Dwight later tonight since we would be home around noon.

I'm nervous for the real world now.

☀️

I woke up from a very much needed nap about thirty minutes ago and now I'm cooking some dinner with food that hasn't gone bad.

Grey left a while ago to go pick up Dwight and should be home soon.

Once I plate the food, the door opens and I'm comes Grey holding all of Dwight's things while he comes prancing over to me.

He purrs against my leg and I bend down to pick him up. Kissing his face he lets out a satisfied pur.

I put him down looking at Grey who looks tired since I know he didn't sleep.

I gesture to the food. "Eat, then sleep. You have to be at work tomorrow." I say and forcefully which makes him chuckle.

He listens and starts eating while telling me about how when he picked up Dwight- his coworker told him that Dwight had been lazy when we were gone.

I look over to Dwight on the couch who looks like he is happy to be home.

Grey finishes his plate and heads to the sink to wash his dish. He then comes to me and kisses me which knocks the air out of my lungs.

I gasp and put my hands on his chest to steady us. He backs me up into the room and I help when I fall on the bed.

He nuzzles his head into my neck when we lay down. "Mmmm perfect." He mutters, his breathing becoming even.

I chuckle when he starts to snore, knowing he is in a deep sleep, I get up to turn all the lights off and get everything locked up.

When I start to close a window, I see a car right in front of the building. I squint to see but it's too dark.

I shrug and close the blinds anyways and head back to bed with Grey.

He finds me again and jumps onto me and falls right back to sleep.

I'll do anything for this man.

☀️

Grey is at work right now and I stayed home from classes because I still have a couple days until I go back.

I just finished the dishes and now I'm taking out the trash down to the big dumpster at the back of the building.

I've done this many times before by myself that I have grown comfortable with it.

Once I toss the bag into the trash I turn around and jump out of my skin.

A man, taller than me, is standing over me and looks like he is homeless.

I swallow hard and give him a right smile not wanting to be rude, maybe he just also has trash.

I go to move past him but he calls to me. "Excuse me?" I hesitate to turn around but I do.

"Yes?" I ask, wanting nothing more than to go back inside and not deal with this.

"Are you Presley Alcott?" My bones shake and my heart drops.

"Excuse me?" I ask a little louder now. How does he know my name.

"Is that your name? I was sent by a woman by the same last name. Said to give you this-" he hands me a paper that my shaky hands take.

"Why?" I whisper. "I don't know. It just has a seal so I don't even know what's in it." Then he walks away.

I stand there completely still for a while. Should I rip the paper and pretend that didn't happen?

My feet bring me back inside and I sit on the couch.

I look at the paper and decide I should get it over with.

I pause. The man's words ringing in my ears. "The same last name. A woman with the same last name."

It couldn't be- it can't be my mother... she couldn't have found me.

I can't help it anymore, I open the letter looking at the sloppy writing.

"You think I don't have eyes on you. Dating a doctor now? Perfect, I want money, and you're going to give it to me before I make the man you just met more dangerous."

My heart skips a beat and I rip up the paper.

She found me.

I'm screwed.

Grey could be screwed too.

What do I do?

I can't breath.