Chapter 20 ~ Emotions

Greyson

My family is leaving for the night so after I showed Presley to her room. I go back downstairs to say goodbye to everybody. Now it was just Rory and her Fiancé.

Mom and dad hug them first and say their goodbyes and then go off to clean the kitchen which leaves me with them. I see Rory giving me a small smile as she looks up at me. "What?" I ask maybe a little too harshly. I immediately apologize but her smile never falters.

"Nothing. Just... I like seeing you like this. Happy. Is it because of her?" She lifts her brows and I stare at her because I'm not sure how to answer.

Yes it was because of her. Of course it was. I was always a happy dude but now? Now I'm never sad and never have down days and I think that's because a certain someone is occupying my space and I'm not mad about it at all.

I bit my lip at the thought of her, us together. I look back to my sister and shrug. "It could be. I don't- I'm not sure where we are yet." Rory gives me a simple smile. She walks back into Ryder's chest and he wraps an arm around her.

"I'll see you later, Grey." She takes Laklyn in her arms and they both walk out. I'm not going to lie, I'm jealous of both my sister and brother. They now have their own separate families apart from me.

Now I'm the one out that has no one except the girl upstairs that is making me rethink everything.

I sigh as I look at my parents looking at me through the kitchen entrance. "Hard night?" Dad walks up to me and pats my shoulder. I just give him a tight smile while mom makes her way over and cups my cheek in her hands, kissing my cheek.

"Ah my baby. I know what you're feeling. Because I felt the same. You're scared that you will mess up this friendship if you admit feelings?"

I don't know what to say because honestly I don't want to talk about it. Most of all people are my parents. I love my mom and know that she is doing it for me. But I only give into her because that's exactly how I feel.

"She likes you son. I know that much." Dad grabs my shoulder in his hand in a comforting way. "Just look at us." I knew that line was coming. Every single time either Reece or Rory came to mom and dad about something like this- they always told them to look at them.

And I get that. My parents have been in love since they first met each other. And they didn't get together as soon as they liked because they were holding themselves back. And now I look at them- years and years of marriage, and now they have grown kids, and they still have the love of a sick teenager.

And maybe that's what I want. Maybe I want to feel like a sick teenager in love.

I just give dad a tight smile and nod. "Thanks." I return it with a shoulder pat and go towards mom and kiss her cheeks. "Goodnight." I whisper and ascend upstairs.

Once I get to my room. I pause, knowing some time has passed. I glance towards Rory's room knowing that the only woman who has ever made me actually feel something, is behind that door either asleep or her thoughts are keeping her up.

I shake my head and let go of my handle. Going towards Rory's room and knocking gently. When I don't get a response, I debate whether I should go in or not.

Next thing I know I'm opening the door and looking at an empty bed. Now I'm worried. It's possible that she jumped out the window, ran away, got a plane ticket, and is off too far away from me.

I hear a noise which makes me turn to the balcony. Presley is sitting on the floor with her legs up to her chest and her head resting on them as she looks up to the sky.

I sigh in relief and make my way over to her. My heart breaks a little at the scene, knowing she could be out here because she was overwhelmed by my family. Maybe she was rethinking ever coming with me.

I slid the door open and she made no movement. I then take a seat next to her and lean against the wall. We sit in a comfortable silence for a long time when her family turns her head to me.

I give her a small and genuine smile. How is it that not even a couple minutes ago I was faking a smile for my parents and now I'm giving my all to a girl who doesn't even see me as anything other than maybe a roommate.

She adjusts herself and leans on the wall next to me. Her head leaning on the wall as both eyes turn to the sky and the stars.

"Are you okay?" I find myself whispering and looking in her direction. My heart starts beating when I look at her side profile, her beautiful features. I wish I could reach out and cup her cheeks, kiss every single freckle that lingers on her nose and spreads to her rosy cheeks.

Her hair is freshly brushed and looks soft. I wish I could run my hands through it and pray that she would be comforted and lean into my touch. I find myself inching closer, wanting to kiss her cheek but she speaks before I can even do so.

"Not really?" Her voice cracks which makes my heart completely shatter. She turns her head to me and I see tears building up in her eyes. But I know her and she wont let those tears fall without a fight.

"What's going on sweet girl." I whisper the words before I can even stop them. Before I can take back what I called her she sniffles and wipes under her eyes.

"I shouldn't be here. I don't deserve to be here. With a happy family. With you. I don't deserve to feel one bit of happiness and just when I was about to let myself feel happy... I let my head get into it and I messed it up. I guess I'm good at messing it up."

My mouth becomes agap as I look at her. Not deserving? Are you kidding? She is far from that.

I can't help my motions when I finally take her face in my hands and make her look at me. "Pres I want you to listen to me and I want you to listen well." I nod firmly and keep eye contact. It's taking everything in me not to also break down in tears for the girl that I'm feeling for.

"You. You are the sweetest, most deserving person I have ever met. Out of everybody in this entire world. You deserve to be happy. Hell, I would give you the world if I could- no I would give you better than this world because all it has done is thrown obstacles at you that make you think you don't deserve anything." My throat tightens and my voice cracks as I look at her. Broken.

"You deserve to be happy. To have a happy life. Please Pres... let yourself find that... because if you were to be miserable the rest of your days... I think I would be too." She shakes her head in protest but I stop her.

"You. Deserve. Happiness." I whisper. Once a tear slides down her cheek, she throws herself in my arms and wraps her arms around my neck. I quickly hold her against me like she will fade away if I let go.

I feel her body shake with quiet sobs and I stroke her hair to comfort her. I adjust us so that my legs are stretched out and she is laying between them with her head on my chest.

Her breathing increases and I start to worry if she is having a panic attack. I kiss the crown of her head and lean down to her ear. "It's okay Pres. I'm right here." Her grip on my neck tightens and I feel my shirt become damp from her tears.

We sit here for a couple minutes until I feel her body go limp and her breathing even. I kiss her head once more before standing up and carrying her in my arms. I look to Rory's room and decide that I would feel more comfortable if I was in here and Pres was in my room.

I walk through the joined bathroom and gently place her down in my bed. I tuck her in and wipe the dry tears from her face. I kiss her head once more before I take my leave to my sister's room.

I have a hard time sleeping, thoughts keeping me up. But I soon fall into a deep sleep after I tell myself I will handle them tomorrow. With her.

A/N

20 Chapters... 20 chapters! and finally Pres is letting Grey in! WE ALL KNOW WHAT IS COMING.