Chapter 15 ~ Nightmare

Presley

Sweaty. That's how I feel right now. I don't know where I am and I can't move. But all I know is that I'm sweating and in pain.

My stomach hurts and causes me to yelp in pain. I try to grab my stomach but I can't move. My arms wont move when I try to touch my forehead. I don't know what to do.

My world is spinning. There's no escape from it. My past world that is.

My eyes open not to my will. Seeing a figure in the corner of a room I do not recognize. I notice the man though... which makes me want to open my mouth and scream.

I shake my head continuously as he walks forward. Closer and closer every step.

Suddenly, my body jolts up. He is gone, but I'm still shaking and my stomach is hurting. Tears are streaking down my face and I wipe them off immediately.

I jump at the hand on my leg, but my heart calms when I see Grey looking at me. He looks at me like he is in more pain, his tears tell me I had him worried.

I honestly don't know what I did while I was dreaming. Was I actually screaming? Was I gripping the sheets?

"Pres?" His voice is a soft whisper and I look him in the eyes. My heart was pounding seeing the hurt on his face.

He tucks my messed up hair behind my ear and keeps his hand there. "Please tell me you are okay?"

Those words ring in my ears like never before. Over and over again I would be asked that and I would always have to lie... but with him, I feel like I can tell the truth... and he wouldn't run away.

"I-" The words get caught in my throat. When I make eye contact with him, my heart goes numb. My eyes move to his lips and I look back at him.

I start shaking my head over and over again as I feel tears in my eyes. "No. I'm not okay." I'm sobbing at this point. I'm embarrassed that he has to see me like this.

"Hey." His voice is soothing. He hesitates for a moment, his arm mid air as he looks at me for permission. When I don't respond verbally, that arm draws me in, and I'm sitting against his chest.

Enclosed in his arms. His other hand strokes my hair as I continue to cry. My hands grip around his one big strong arm that is around my chest holding me to him.

His arms are warm, nothing like I have ever felt before. Which makes me sob even more. He takes the blanket and drapes it over us, leaning more back into the bed until he is comfortable.

He whispers soft things in my ear as my eyes rest, though they jolt every time I feel myself on the brink of sleep, scared it will be a repeat.

"It's okay Pres. I'm here now." I can tell that he understood what had happened. It didn't take a genius to figure out I was having a nightmare that was too realistic.

My hand tightens on his as I turn my body around. My breath hitches when I see the position we are in. I'm laying down on his stomach, we are looking into each other's eyes and his arms are wrapped around me.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Don't Pres. Don't thank me. I- I will be here to do anything. I'll watch over you if you decide to sleep. If you don't want to sleep I will stay up with you... just don't thank me... I don't know what I would do if something happened and I couldn't be there.'' His voice is so gentle and calming I close my eyes.

My heart believes that he will be here to watch me as I sleep. To make sure that I'm okay... my heart is bursting.

I hesitantly rest my head on his chest and my hands go under him and onto his back. I hold him close to me.

"Please don't leave." The words that come out of my mouth shock me. But it's all the truth.

"I won't Pres. I'm not going anywhere... you are safe.''

His large hand lands on my head and holds me to him. I feel so protected... like nothing can hurt me when he is around.

This is the first time I have ever felt this way. I didn't want to even think about feelings because I knew due to my past... I would end up alone.

I still think that. And I wouldn't dream of doing that to Grey.

It takes me a while, but I end up falling into the best sleep of my life. Greyson strokes my hair all night and I feel my heart flutter at some feelings I need to acknowledge.