Chapter 16 ~ Pretties

Greyson

My eyes are wide open as I stare down at Presley in my arms.

I had freaked out terribly when I woke up to her making noise. I didn't know what to do other than let it wear off.

But my heart told me that I should help her. So I did. And it was heartbreaking when I saw the look of horror on her face. A look that I don't even want to see on her even again.

Yes I got to hold her all night, and I liked it, but I wish it had happened a different way. I wish that it was her telling me to come to her and hold her close while she was shaking in fear.

I stayed up all night watching over her till she fell asleep. I only got an hour of sleep but I'm content with that.

Knowing she is safe, I'm okay.

It doesn't help my curiosity though. I have a lot of questions about this dream she had. I can only assume that it has something to do with her past and that she would rather not relive it. So she can tell me when she feels comfortable telling me. And if she never does, I will have to get over it.

My hand goes up and down her arm as she sleeps. I don't want to wake her up because she had a hard night as it is.

I hear my phone ding and I reach over to grab it.

Rory:

"Hey Grey! Mom told me that you were too tired to be here yesterday so you got a hotel? Will I see you today?"

I smile at my sister's concern. Even though I was older, it had seemed like she was both in control of me and Reece. Which, I don't have a problem with. Ever since Aurora was born, both me and Reece follow what she says and does because we want her to be happy.

When I told her I had a date she was ecstatic. Asking me for details but all I told her was that she was a nice and sweet girl.

I trust my sister, but I'm pretty sure Pres doesn't want my family knowing all about her business, so I left it at that.

Me:

"You will see me later today. Waking for Presley to wake up, then I'm going to feed her then we'll head to mom's house."

"Great! Laklyn misses you tons! He keeps babbling for you all day. Who are you staying with?"

Before I left Minnesota, I lived at Rory's place for a bit just to be away from mom and dad. Don't get me wrong I love them, but mom and dad have not had a house to themselves since Reece. As much as I know they don't mind, I know there are some things they missed.

So I moved out to give them that space and they have been doing great. Building up their marriage day by day. Even though mom and dad are not ones for needing that.

They are the perfect couple and I had hoped to find a love like theirs. My disappointment flew through the roof when I didn't find the one in college or school like Mayella and Willow did.

"I'll be staying with Mom and Dad. It's okay if Pres stays in your old room right?"

"Of course :)"

"Now I have to go, Laklyn is being fussy and Ryder is on his way home. See you tonight for family dinner?"

"You will :)"

I put my phone down when I feel Pres wake up. Her eyes go wide when they see me. She pushes herself up.

"I'm sorry-"

"Hey, don't apologize, it's okay." I give her a soft smile and she just nods.

"Are we in a rush to get to your parents?" I shake my head. "Take all the time you need, pretty girl." I clamp my mouth shut when these words escape my mouth.

She looks at me for a while before just giving me a smile. "I will, pretty boy." She stands from the bed and walks to the bathroom to get ready. While I sit on her bed with my heart pounding in my chest and my mind going crazy.

I gulp as I look at the direction she is in and I stand, knocking on the door.

"Yes?" I can tell she is in the shower when she yells. "I'm going to get breakfast, are you okay here?" I wait for her response.

"Yeah." She yells back and I get a shirt and pants on and head down the stairs to the lobby and gather some food.

I see a man looking at me oddly but I just give him a smile, to which he just walks away. I lift my eyebrows in confusion as I gather more food to take up to Pres.

I get on the elevator and wait for the number to go up to my floor. Once I'm there, I head to our room. My forehead scrunches when I see the same old man going into the room next to ours.

I try to shake off that creepy feeling but I can't help it. When I get inside our room, Pres is showered and ready and she starves down the food, not saying a word from the night before.