Chapter 6 ~ Thoughts

Greyson

Me and Presley sit at the dining table eating bowls of cereal on a Monday morning. Presley doesn't talk much. She only answers me with a simple yes and no.

She's very pretty, and I have no complaints about living with her. She cleans her space, sadly she still thinks that she shouldn't eat the food she didn't pay for. I look at and smile at her even though she is looking down.

Her beautiful features make my face go red, and it makes me want to learn more about her. Dwight also takes a liking to her. He sleeps with her on my bed, he's never done that, and he always follows her.

"Pres?" My shy voice comes out. She looks up from her bowl. "You don't go to school or work?" I ask and she shakes her head no. I frown when she looks back down.

"Do you know what you want to do? For work I mean?" She shrugs.

"Uh or you could be a stay at home mom!" I say. She tenses in her seat and looks up at me. "Not to me I mean! Just when you're older." I panic.

We go back into silence, well I do since I'm the only one talking. I look at my watch and see that it's time to go to work.

I stand and put my bowl in the sink. "I'll be back around ten..." A nod. I gives her a tight smile and walk out the door. I sigh as I step out.

The image of her being in my home everyday with Dwight makes me happy. Happy to know that I'm not alone here in LA, and that maybe... we are friends.

Or maybe she doesn't want to be my friend and she thinks I'm annoying... I hope not because I like her company. I like sitting in silence and watching shows while Dwight cuddles up to her on the couch and forgets about me.

I like coming home and seeing her read on the window seal, in her own world. I smile at the little marks she makes in my books.

I always notice her looking at my ear. I know that's weird in so many ways. But my left ear is special to me, which is the one she looks at.

That ear is decorated with a freckle that means a lot to me. I always got made fun of in school because my freckle was gross and people would try and pick it off. It made me sad the rest of my school years, knowing that one of my favorite features about me grosses everyone out.

But she doesn't look disgusted. She looks intrigued like she wants to ask about it. I smile at that thought.

☀️

"Okay I have to head home now." I say this to my co-worker. She nods her head and opens her mouth. "I would go check on Kenna, she hasn't been feeling well." She gives me a sad smile.

I just nod my head before casually speed walking to her room. I take a deep breath before I open the door. Kenna is laying on her side with her hands tucked under her head.

I take a chair and sit next to her. I know how sad she is feeling right now. It was a terrible, terrible weekend. She was in pain the whole time and I could do nothing but be there for her and help her be somewhat comfortable.

Her parents, Linda and Max, always leave right before hospital hours are over. Kenna gets sad most of the time they are gone and it almost makes me want to bend the rules, like I have before.

Her eyes flutter open and she looks at me, giving me a smile like she always does. "Hey Grey Grey." She whispers. My heart breaks for her but I smile back. "Hey strong girl."

"I'm feeling better, just tired." She says. I used to always freak out when the kids here with cancer would say they are tired, because... I never know what's going to happen and when I should call the parents.

But I know Kenna is strong and that she will pull through.

"It's okay, you can rest." I whisper.

She looks at me. "Can you tell me something? Something good." Her eyes were full of hope. I don't know what she means. "Like- something good that happened to you, you know outside this hospital."

I tilt my head. "Why do you want to know?" I keep my voice down. "Because I don't know what the outside world is like anymore."

I give her soft and kind eyes before I get comfortable. "Well you know my cat Dwight?" She nods. "Well he has been growing a lot." I show her a picture which she giggles.

"What else?" My mind goes to Presley, and how much my world has changed since I met her. "Well I got a roommate." I clear my throat.

"Really! Who?!" She is now sitting up and her ears are perked up. "Well, she's my friend-"

"A girl?!" She covers her loud mouth. I smile and nod. "Mhm, a girl and she's quiet, but really sweet and she keeps tidy."

I see her wide smile. "Are you guys together?" I shake my head. "Why not?"

"Because I just met her silly girl, and she's just living with me for a little bit." She nods.

"Would you get with her? If she wanted to?" I shrug. "Maybe if I got to know her more, but I guess we just have to wait."

"I've always wanted to go to a wedding, when you and her get married can I come?" Her hopeful voice makes me shatter all over again.

"I promise." We link pinkies before I say my goodnights and walk out. The thought of marriage, to Presley specifically, sounds too fast and I don't want to scare her off.

Why is marriage even a thought to a girl I just met?

A/N

I know that this feels like a fast paced story but I cant help but make Greyson like this!