Chapter 11 ~ Fight

Presley

I have to take in what Greyson just asked of me. My eyes are wide and part of me wishes I never turned around and asked him what was up. I don't know why my heart is beating out of my chest... but I don't like it.

I stare at him for what seems like hours and hours. My body is not even making a run for it when the bell rings. He's not looking at me though, he's looking at his lap and playing with his fingers nervously.

My mind is going wild. How did I end up here? One night I was lying down in an alleyway wanting to take my own life. Then Greyson came and he kind of saved me. No. He did save me.

And all this time of getting to know him... makes me feel bad for the way I act around him... I just can't help it.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I wasn't supposed to be found by a man who isn't bad looking. I wasn't supposed to take him up on his offer to live with him.

When have I ever allowed my life to be like this?

The independent part of me wants to shout no. It wants to be cold to Grey. As I got to know him though, I've noticed how blind he is to the world... meaning that there are things, bad things, that have been shunned from his eyes.

He doesn't know some of the crazy things the world throws at people like it's nothing. I want to be the one to tell him... but I have a feeling I would break his heart... and I can't do that.

I snap out of my thoughts when I feel Greys eyes move back to mine. "I'm sorry- I'll find someone else." His voice is sad... disappointed. I swallow hard before I look at his eyes... bug mistake because he is already looking at me.

"I'll go." I say. My shoulders dropped as soon as I let out a breath of air that was needed. His mouth opens wide as he stares at me in shock. "What?"

"I said I'll go." I say in a whisper. I know he heard me. All he can do is nod. He turns and puts both hands on his steering wheel. "Okay. Okay yeah uh thank you."

I want to tell him it's not a big deal and that I'm just doing him a favor for letting me live with him... and for getting me back into school.

I feel like being on a silly date isn't enough. I guess it will have to be for now.

"I'll um- let you go." He rubs the back of his neck nervously. "I'll give you more details when we both get home." I don't speak. I just simply nod and turn around walking into campus.

☀️

The whole day I spent worrying more about our deal than paying attention in class. I only got one thing out of the entire day... that I suck at Chem.

I put my bag over my shoulder as I began to walk out of the school. Someone just has to stop me though.

"Presley! So good to see you, how are you?"

I look down at the ground as Isabella speaks to me. I don't find her nice at all. I've heard around the school to stay out of her way because she is the biggest bully out there.

I mean come on? This isn't highschool.

"I'm fine Isabella. You?" I know I sound annoyed, maybe she will get the hint that she should leave.

"Oh I've been better! Listen! I hear that you live with Greyson Graham, right?" Not again.

Ever since people have noticed him dropping me off,,, it's been a nonstop question party. When someone first asked me and said I was lucky... I was confused.

So I looked him up because if he didn't come up... there was nothing to worry about.

Well I was wrong.

Apparently.. Grey is son to Elias Graham... famous hockey player transfer from Seattle to Minnesota. I don't watch hockey... heck I don't watch tv so how was I supposed to know.

I did a lot of research that day. His dad is pretty famous and so is the rest of his family. Great. Now I live with a person who is technically famous because their dad is known.

"That's right." I say and give her a tight, fake smile. She smiles back. "Do you know if he has a girlfriend?" Wow.

"I'm pretty sure he does." I say out of instinct. I mean... I would doubt it... but also, why would he allow me to live with him if that was the case?

"Hm. That's funny. Is it you?" Now I was more than annoyed. Her tone made it sound like it was me... Grey could do a lot better. Which I agree with, but hearing it from somebody who knows nothing... that makes me pissed.

"What if it is?"

"Then I feel bad for him. I mean does he know his girlfriend is the opposite of him? Not so innocent... not so nice. I mean no offense but if Greyson wants some he has to get more educated on those things-" I don't want her finishing that sentence... so I punched her.

She falls to the ground from one slap... wow. She is now on the floor whining and holding her face.

"Greyson doesn't need that exposure to be a person... In fact, no one does. Stay away from him or say anything like that again and I'll make sure you know... how far I am from innocence."

I don't say anything else... I simply walk away. Hoping that when I see Grey that he isn't going to ask me why my mood is all of a sudden haywire.

But it's too late. Because as I turn around... Greyson stands a good couple feet away from me. His eyes wide, his mouth open.

I think he saw and heard everything.