Chapter 33 ~ Letters

Greyson

(five months later)

Life seems to be against me. I mean, it always is, but today, it is more than ever. It's been five months, five months of living like this. Living without her, and living a life I never wanted.

I was so sure that she would come back in a matter of weeks, but weeks turned to months. And I haven't heard a single word from her. It made me feel rage.

I haven't been myself at all. I barely get out of bed, I don't sleep. I skipped a whole week of work when she first left.

It was coming down on me that I don't know what her status is. I could be waiting forever and she could be dead. Even though my heart is telling me that she is still out there, and that she will be coming back soon.

I clocked out of work not too long ago and now I'm on my way back home. It doesn't feel like home though... not without her.

My thoughts that are not about her are constantly cloudy and I can't seem to see anything, but when I think of her, everything is clear.

I didn't get to tell her I loved her before she left, I wanted to but she stopped me, promising she would be back.

It's been hard to keep hope, but I still pray that she is safe, because I don't feel entirely empty, which gives me the assumption that she is still alive. Still fighting for us.

When I get home I see a familiar car in front of the house. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion when I walk up to the door and unlock it.

Pushing my way in, my eyes meet my sisters. What the heck?

"Rory?" I say in a low whisper. She stands from the couch as soon as she sees me and jumps onto me. I catch her and we stay in each other's arms for a while.

She came all the way here from Minnesota to see me. I haven't told her what happened, but I'm guessing after I disappeared, she thought I was dead.

"Oh Grey." She sniffles as she pulls away. "What the heck happened? You haven't talked to me since the weekend after my wedding. That was months ago. I was worried sick."

I didn't mean to worry her. I didn't think that not talking to her would hurt her so bad. Now I'm guilty.

"I-" Before I can have my breakdown, Rory brings us to the couch and we sit down. "I'm all ears Grey."

I feel like I owe this to her, to tell her what happened because I have been ignoring her, she deserves to know why. I mean she came all the way down here.

"Uh.. these past few months haven't been easy for me." I swallow hard. She gasps. "Kenna?" I stopped her. "No, Kenna is doing great." She sighs in relief.

"Then what?" She puts her hand on my back and rubs it up and down in a comforting pattern.

"Presley- she left me... five months ago. She had to go take care of her mother." I won't share Presley's private story with her, but I hope that's enough for Rory.

"Is she sick?" I shake my head. "No- she isn't sick... she wants to get back at Presley.. So Presley left to go find her, take care of her." I can hear my voice cracking and I know I'm already crying.

Rory stays still and just looks at me. "Is she coming back?" Her question is unknown even to me.

"I don't know... I hope so- I pray so." I look down at my hands and play with them. My left arm going up and rubbing the tatted ink on my right arm. I had decided that the scar she gave me was the only thing left from her, and I couldn't waste an opportunity like this.

My fingers trace the words ''I can't help falling in love with you." with a P at the end. It was our song, tattooed over the scar she gave me.

It sounds psychotic, insane, cheesy. But it's not for me. To me it's perfect, to me I hold this arm close to me at night when I cry her name.

I roll down my sleeves to cover it, she is the first one I want to see.

Rory rubs my back again. "She loves you Grey- she is going to come back." She says that- not knowing that Pres could be dead because of her mother.

I let out a sigh as I looked at her. "Wh- when you and Ryder were apart-" She inhales, but I have to know.

"Did you have hope he would come back?" Referring to the time where Laklyn's biological mother ruined their lives and Rory felt like she had to leave, take a break.

"I think it was the other way around. I think Ryder always held out hope that I would come back.. And I did, because I love him... and Presley will come back, give her time."

She kisses my cheek before she stands and I see her walking to the kitchen. She grabs me a water and comes back. I sip on it and rethink her words.

I will never lose hope, not until I hear word that she is dead.

I stand up. "Thank you Rory, for being here." The clock hits 11 and I know what time it is. I head to my room and sit at my desk. I pull out the fancy paper I bought back, I grab an old pen and start writing.

Sweet Girl,

Today marks five months since I saw your beautiful face. Today marks one hundred fifty. I write to you everyday in hopes that I see you again to give them to you. Today at the hospital I saw a baby, she was gorgeous and her name was Coco. She was fighting me when I gave her a shot. It reminded me of your stubborn self. I miss you sweet girl, the girl I can't help but fall in love with, my own Presley. For the first time since you left I laughed when I realized you and Elvis share a name. It made me smile so hard that I had to play the old vintage record you got. Well, that was it for today. Till the day I hold you, sweet girl.

Your Elvis partner.

A/N 

I CHANGED THIS CHAPTER BC I WANTED TO EXTEND THEM BEING APART. I felt like if I just had one chapter with a time skip and then them meeting, its too quick for me. So here is this :))