Chapter 36 ~ Bliss

Presley

My heart feels warm for the first time in a long time.

I was so worried about Grey turning me down and kicking me out. But I had nothing to worry about because he loves me.

I have been smiling all evening and I have never felt true happiness. Me and Grey cooked dinner together and then we cuddled with Dwight and watched a movie. We were not ready to sleep, not after we had been apart for more than a year.

I sigh in content when I feel Grey rubbing my back slowly. I close my eyes and soak in the moment before I break down when telling him what happened.

I had been dreading this part al, day and now I just have to come out with it. I lift my head from his chest and I see him looking at me in confusion. "I'm ready." I say and I see his lips part as if he is preparing.

I sit straight but still in his lap as I start, "When mother came to me a year and a half ago. She told me she wanted to make a deal. And that deal was that I would go work with her for ten months and she would leave us alone."

"I was gone for a year and a half because after ten months, she wanted me to follow her to Cuba. I didn't go but that kept me busy. Then I got a call the night I was supposed to come back. Someone called me and told me my mother had died on the plane." I hear him take a sharp breath.

"And then I spent a month taking care of her death, planning no funeral, and making sure the house of hers could sell. Then- I had to turn in all the information to the police. I gave them all the money we made from selling the drugs. I gave them papers and files with my name on it. And so I had to be locked up for some time to make sure I was clear. And once I was... I was free."

I feel his thumb sweep under my eyes as he wipes them. " And the other months I was gone... I was just putting this off.. And I regret that because I was so unhappy, Grey." I look him in the eyes.

"He just nods. "That's a lot to take in... but Pres- I'm so proud of you for turning yourself in... nobody would do that. It shows that you are loyal. And I love that about you." he leans in and kisses each of my eyes.

I close them and lean into him. "I don't drive you.. I don't deserve to know what bliss feels like." I whisper and I feel him shake his head. "You know you deserve way more sweet girl." See what I mean?

"I smile in contentment. "You made me believe in love..." I whisper and kiss his collarbone. I feel his heart beating more and more by the second.

"I'm so lucky." He whispers and kisses me one more time. "Oh!" I jump at his tone and next thing I know I'm on the couch and Grey is running into his room.

He comes back with his hands behind his back. I can clearly see a box but I wait for him to come over.

"I went through a lot when you left. And I couldn't find it in me to be upset with you. The day you left, I was so exhausted but I couldn't sleep so I got up and I wrote you a little paragraph about what I was feeling. And I did that everyday, I guess yesterday was my last."

I gasp in shock as he opens the boxes and hundreds of letters are piled up. They have dates, and the number of the letter. I pick a random one and read it.

Sweet girl, letter 61

It's been two months since I have seen your gorgeous face. I still write to you because I feel like it brings me closer. You know that tattoo I mentioned in the last letter. Well it's healed now, and I'm feeling better than ever. Okay that was all.

Your Elvis partner

I feel my eyes tear up when I read it over and over again. I look up at him when I put the letter back. "Tattoo?" I have a question. He takes the box from my hands and sets it on the table.

"I got a tattoo a while back." He looks at me before lifting up his sleeve. I gasp and my hand goes to cover my mouth. "Grey."

The faint scar on his hand is still noticeable, only it's covered by beautiful handwriting. Our lyrics and my initial.

I slowly let my finger touch it. I trace the letters throughout the whole thing. I stare in awe. I look up at him once again and he is looking at me while biting his lip.

"Doesn't- doesn't this scar remind you of a traumatizing event?"

He shakes his head. "No- because I know you didn't mean it. I saw it as a mark that told me everything I needed to know about you. And I was happy when it scared me, I would hold this arm close to me at night because when I thought about it, I still felt the pain of it, but it was a pain I would endure a hundred times over again."

He. Had. No. Right.

My eyes are tearing up so bad when I lean over and jump on him. Straddling his waist, I kiss him with all I have and let my love pour into him.

He holds me tight like I might leave again. But I never again will ever leave him. I would rather die than do that.

I pull away and look at him. "Let's go to bed baby." I say. He doesn't hesitate to lift me up which results in me letting out a loud laugh as he tosses me on the bed when we get to the room.

He gets in next to me and spoons me. My heart flutters when he touches me.

"I love you, my Elvis partner."

He chuckles loudly which is music to my ears. "I love you more sweet girl."