Part 13 ~ Off

Greyson

It's been a week since the whole incident happened with Pres and my heart is still not over it. I get butterflies every time the woman walks in the same room as me.

And now that I know that we have slept on the same bed... it makes me want to jump off the couch and hold her all night long.

I'm loading up the car with all our things for our trip to Minnesota. It's too early in the morning to be up but at least I'm not driving all the way there.

I shut the trunk once everything is loaded and I go back instead to retrieve Presley. I dropped Dwight off at my coworkers last night so there is no need to worry about him.

I walk into my room and see Pres is passed out. I know she got up and got ready but it looks like she got right back in bed. I smile at her face, her mouth open as it lets out heavy breathes.

I walk over to where she is and I rub my hand up and down her arm. She doesn't wake up, only turns over and snuggles more into the bed.

"Pres?" I whisper down close to her ear but not enough to jolt her up. She shifts again and her eyes open and look at me.

My heart races when she looks at me and rubs her eyes. I just want to kiss her face all over until she is in a fit of giggles and begging for me to stop.

"Hmm?" She groans and clears her throat.

"We have to go." I keep my voice down as my hand stays on her upper arm. She rolls over and sits up. Rubbing her face once again before standing and being at my side.

I smile at her cuteness and we both start walking to the front door. Once I have everything off and locked I make my way to the car and see Pres is already laying down, the seat almost all the way down.

I reach over to the back and grab her a blanket that I keep in my car. Mainly used for Dwight but I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing with her.

I place it over her and when she feels it she grabs it and cuddles deeper. I internally awe and start up the car. I back out of the lot and get on the road.

I catch myself looking over every now and then. Presley sleeping is probably the most adorable thing I have ever seen. This is when she is vulnerable, nothing to make her upset, just her.

It makes me feel better knowing that her being in a deep sleep means that she feels safe with me.

☀️

I'm practically dragging Pres through the airport when we get there. I don't mind, I hold her things as she leans on me to not fall over.

I made a promise to her that I would get her coffee and breakfast as soon as we got to our gate and she seemed content with that.

Pres groans behind me as she sees that we have to go through security and baggage. I rub her arm up and down as if telling her it will be over soon.

When Pres woke up from her nap when we got here, she told me she hated airports and that's all I needed to take care of everything. Told her to just follow me and don't worry about anything.

Ever since I acknowledged my feelings for her, I have been more caring and feeling like I am taking care of her. I hope it's not obvious.

I really don't want to screw this up because of one little mistake and I could never see her again.

Once we get through everything, Presley has her arm linked with mine as she leans her head on my arm. I find it cute as heck when she does this, it makes me feel like a part of me is already mine.

Once I get us to the gate, I get her seated and she instantly curls up on the chair. I smile and move her hair from her face when it seems to bother her.

"I'm going to get you some food, okay?" I whisper close enough to her and she just nods, opening her eyes to look at me I yet again feel my heart race.

I leave her, sadly, as I go and get into a line at a coffee shop and get her order as well as some food I know she will eat. One thing I have noticed about her, is that she hates eating in the morning, it makes her sick but she tries to get into it because she knows it would make her feel more awake.

I smile at the thought of knowing her like that.

Once I had her food. I make my way back to her. She sits on a chair with her legs crossed under her and a blanket on top. She sees me and I almost see a smile break out on her face.

I hand her her food and I sit down next to her. Texting my family that we have arrived at the gate and will text them when we land.

I look back over to see Presley looking at me confused. "Where is your breakfast?" It's almost a whisper.

"I had a bar this morning before we left." I don't stray my eyes from her. Next thing I know she is holding out her sandwich to me for me to take a bite. I give her a look but she doesn't budge.

I slowly lean in and take a bite. The flavors hit my tongue and now I'm forever grateful for her. My insides dance as a thought pops up in my head, I just bit off where she was eating, technically our lips touched.

I may sound like a child, but it gets my mind starting. I groan at the taste and just give her a grateful smile.

She finishes eating in silence and when she is done she yawns, I honestly don't know how she can sleep so much.

She tries leaning her head to one side but her head almost drops when it misses the chair. I can tell how frustrated she is so I put a hand on her leg to grab her attention.

I smile as I shrug a shoulder, to tell her to lay on me. A second goes by as she stares at me not knowing what to do. The next second she is resting her head on my shoulder and her hand intertwined with mine.

My heart flutters like never before. And we stay like this until our plane arrives.