𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

The Pogues arrived at the destination which was the dock where everyone was questioning people and pulling the body-dead body-out of the water.

"Who's that?" John B asked as the stopped next to a girl. "It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got," She replied, pulling her phone out.

"Oh my god," Tatum swallowed as she realized she was the last person seen with this dead man. "Tate," John B looked at her, concerned about her outburst.

"I'm sorry, guys. I-I need to go," Tatum stood up, running into JJ as she tried to leave. "Hey, what's wrong?" JJ held her waist.

"I..I just need to go see my mom. I forgot about some plans I made. I'll see you later, 'kay?" Tatum searched the blond's eyes, hoping he'd believe her.

JJ and John B watched her walk away, trying to figure out what went wrong with her so suddenly and out of the blue.

...

"Sarah!" Tatum ran up the stairs in the Cameron house. "Sarah," She panted, trying to catch her breath, "Scooter Grubbs is dead."

Sarah's head snapped up from her laptop, "What?" "Yeah, they found his body out at sea. For some reason, he went out during the storm, after he was with us. Sarah, do you know what this means?"

"We were the last people with him. Which means, we could be in trouble," Sarah gulped, standing up. "Not only that. Whatever Scooter was doing, he was getting paid for it. He had a Grady White. A Grady White, Sarah," Tatum paced around her friend's room.

"Okay. Um, we should go to the cops, right?" "Are you kidding me? No, we shouldn't go to the cops!" Tatum exclaimed, "We'll look like we lied. We didn't know he went out like a fucking idiot! Sorry," Tatum exhaled, trying to calm herself down.

"Okay, okay. You're right. We just- we need to act normal. Be empathetic towards his wife, and act like we don't know anything. Because we really don't know why he went out during the storm," Sarah rambled.

"Okay, we're good. We got this," Tatum high fived her best friend, "I'm gonna take a nap. This whole thing's made me so tired," the blonde collapsed on Sarah's bed.

...

Tatum and Sarah were at the Thornton's house now, getting ready for the Kegger the Pogues were throwing down at the Boneyard.

"What about this?" Tatum asked Sarah, showing her a cute pink skirt. "You look good in pink, Tate," Sarah said, looking for a shirt to go with the skirt.

"I'll wear it then, if you say so," Tatum said, looking at herself in the mirror. "Wait," Sarah said, holding out a shirt. "Is this John B's?" She asked showing her a shirt they'd seen plenty a times.

"Yeah. I wear the boys' shirts all the time," Tatum shrugged. "Correction, you wear JJ's shirts all the time," Sarah raised her eyebrows at her.

"Yeah, well JJ's don't go with this outfit, do they?" Tatum snatched the top from Sarah. "What's going on there, T?" Sarah sat down on the bed.

"Nothing, I already told you last week. I can't go there with either of them!" Tatum buttoned the top button. "Nothing? You're all over each other, all the time!" Sarah exclaimed.

"Because I'm like that with everyone! I do it with Kelce and Rafe all the time, Sarah," Tatum looked for her Birkenstocks in her closet.

"Whatever you say," the blonde girl sighed at her friend, "I think you should pick JJ though. He's more of your type." Tatum scoffed, throwing a dress at Sarah.

...

The two girls arrived at the Boneyard together, but Sarah split off when she found Topper and the Kooks.

𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें