𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥

"You guys got rope?" "Got it," Pope held it in his hands. "Grappling hook?" "No grappling hook. We're not Batman."

"Pulley?" John B said as they drove to the estate. "Check," Kie answered. "Dark clothes?" "Got it," Sarah and Tatum responded. "Flashlights?"

"Check," JJ shined them outside the window and Tatum had to grab his hand and turn them off. "All right, good. We're ready."

"Let's go," Kie opened the sliding door. "Let's go get rich, guys." "The things I can do with that money!" Tatum chuckled, and JJ winked at her.

"JJ! Not like that!" "Go boys," Sarah whooped. "And girls," Kie added.

"Wait, wait. I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight." Tatum and Kie gave John B a smile, "Always." "Of course, man," Pope grinned.

"All right, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?" JJ held the rope over his shoulder, his hair dishevled.

"Let's get that wheat in the water." "Weed? I'm up for weed," JJ snickered. "Wheat. I said wheat." "After you." "Ladies first."

Sarah climbed over the stone wall first, then Kie, and Tatum bringing the rest of the boys.

The walked to the front of the house when all of a sudden, the porch lights came on, revealing the kids in the dark.

"Shit!" Tatum gasped, pulling JJ down. "Flashlights!" Kie called. "It's on strobe!" JJ exclaimed, trying to turn it off.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights," Pope pointed out the obvious, Tatum making a face.

"We could, uh, move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested. "What?" Sarah raised her eyebrows.

"That's not how it works, J," Tatum sighed. "Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." "What?" Tatum asked this time.

"That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here," Kie drawled. "Throw a rock at it?" Pope questioned John B.

"You have a better idea?" "Literally anything but that," Tatum scoffed.

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids," Sarah nudged Tatum.

"Oh, yeah! If we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. We've seen it," Tatum looked around.

"No, no. You're not going in the house alone," John B directed towards Sarah. "Yeah, well I'd go with her," Tatum sang.

"You're not going alone either, T," JJ shook his head. "Watch me," Tatum smirked. "Crain chops people into pieces," JJ tried to get Tatum to stay back.

"Babe, she's like, 85? 90 years old now?" "Yeah, something like that," JJ agreed.

"She's probably barely still kicking," Sarah defended the two girls. "Here, I'll go with you two," Kie offered, girl power.

"We'll wait for your signal," Pope responded, schooching out of the way as the girls crept up to the porch. "Hey! Be safe," John B whispered. "We will," Sarah promised him.

JJ grabbed Pope's face, and stared into his eyes, "Be safe." "I'll be so safe. I'll be safe for you," Pope mocked John B.

"She must have a generator plugged into the main power supply," Kie took note as they quietly crept onto the porch.

Sarah shined the flashlight as Kie opened the box. "Where are the breakers?" Tatum asked.

"What is this?" "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Shit." It was old fasioned, meaning they didn't know how to turn off the power.