𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

Sheriff Peterkin coughed, her uniform stained with blood, turning around to see the young Cameron pointing a gun at her.

John B ran over, searching her pocket for something as Ward pointed the gun at the young teenager, "Hey. Hey. Hold still. Hold still. It's okay. Where is it?"

"Call!" Peterkin wheezed out to John B, asking for help because she knew she was dying.

"No, no," Sarah collapsed onto the ground. Her brother just shot a woman.

"Call. Call for help," Peterkin said as John B took her walkie-talkie out of her belt case.

"Hey," Rafe yelled.

"Rafe, no! Rafe!" Ward yelled at his son.

Tatum rushed forward, "No! You can't!"

Sarah took the bandana from around John B's neck, and packed it onto the wound, "Call," Peterkin wheezed, as tears dripped from Tatum's eyes.

"Don't try it, asshole," Ward walked over to his son slowly, trying to take the gun away from him so he wouldn't shoot anyone else.

"John B, give me the radio," Ward reached out to the young Routledge. "No."

"Come on, give me the radio. The damn radio," Ward grabbed it out of his hands.

"No!" Tatum cried, trying to tangle out of Rafe's grasp without getting shot by him.

How did she go from one minute being held and kissed by this boy, to the next being held hostage at gunpoint. What went wrong in her perfect kook life to get her here right now.

Peterkin gasped for air, groaning from her gunshot wound in her shoulder.

"Rafe, I've got it. Calm down," Ward tried to reassure his son, who finally released Tatum when he saw what was happening to her.

Sarah and Tatum cried as the latter ran into her arms, holding each other as they watched the scene unravel in front of them. "Rafe, put the gun down. I got it."

"Sarah," Tatum sobbed, looking at her best friend. What had she gotten herself into with this family?

John B backed away from the sheriff, per her orders, and ran away as Rafe lifted the gun. "Where are you going, huh" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

"No!" Tatum ran forward, helping to restrain Rafe so he wouldn't murder John B too.

"I'm sorry," Sarah held onto Peterkin. "It's not your fault, sweetie." "I'm so sorry," Sarah sobbed as Ward and Tatum wrestled Rafe for the gun.

"Rafe, no! Wait! Rafe, please!" Tatum screamed at him.

"Dad, I was trying to-" "Shut up!" Rafe turned to Tatum, tears in his eyes. "Tatum," He realized the severity of what just happened.

"Sa-Sarah," Ward turned to his daughter.

"What?" She yelled at him in return, angry for him putting her in this position.

"Girls. Girls, I need you to-" "No!" Sarah yelled at her dad. "I need you to get up." "She is dying!" Sarah argued with her father as Tatum stared at Rafe with a scared look on her face.

"Enough!"

"What is wrong with you?" Sarah screamed at him, her hair whipping around her body with the wind.

"Take the girls home. Get them home," Ward held Rafe's shoulders. "What?" Rafe asked, still focused on Tatum. "Get them home, now."

"We're not going until the medics come!" Sarah yelled at her dad as Tatum joined her side. "Get them home safe! I'm calling!"