𝐦𝐚𝐧-𝐨'-𝐰𝐚𝐫

"No effing way. You brought her here, so now she's in on it now?" Kie paced back and forth at the Chateau.

"I dunno," Pope shook his head. "Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share," JJ said sitting in the red chair, Tatum on his lap leaning against him.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing," Kie pointed out.

"I'm not a full Pogue, and you're okay with me being a part of this," Tatum folded her lips. "I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," Pope said.

"Thank you!" "When are you not?" "I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably," Pope said as a matter of fact.

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him," JJ played along all serious. "That's cute, guys." "You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her."

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah shouted at her. "Then leave." Sarah scoffed, looking at John B, "I told you."

"Told him what, exactly?" Kie asked, thinking she knew everything about John B, "That you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch." "Oh shit," Pope cussed. "My money's on Kie," JJ pulled out a wad of cash. "You're joking, right?" Tatum glared at the two.

"Can you stop trashing Sarah? She hasn't done anything!" Tatum defended her best friend. "Oh, so now you're okay with her being here? You weren't before the fall!"

"That's because I realized John B was better off with her than he was with me. Don't assume you know everything, Kiara," Tatum growled.

"Everybody shut up! Kie, you are my best friend, right? Tatum, you're what I thought I always wanted, a best friend and so much more. And Sarah, you're," John B chuckled.

"You're my..." "Say it." "You're my girlfriend."

JJ smirked, looking at Tatum looking for her reaction. "Ohh, that's new," Pope said under his breath.

"She's your girlfriend now? What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose."

Sarah turned to look at John B, and Tatum scoffed. "Now you're concerned about him using her? Talk about being hypocritical."

"You said you were using me?" "No." "Yeah, you did," everybody agreed.

"Look, love just walked in, okay? I didn't expect it. It just-it kind of happened. And I'm not gonna deny it. Right?"

Sarah looked at him with crossed arms and an unbelievable expression. "Oh! That's corny," Pope whispers.

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, I'm out." "Kie..." "I'm not doing this. I can't!"

"You are gonna decide. I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?" "Both." "Went for the Hail Mary," JJ whistled.

"Can you be quiet?" Tatum turned around to look at JJ. Kie walked away, an angry expression all over her face.

"It'll be cool, right?" Sarah mocked their previous conversation, "I'm gonna leave." "Sarah, don't."

"Gonna let y'all chat. Let me know," Sarah stood up, walking away.

"I'm leaving too. I can't handle this toxic masculinity any longer. Bye," Tatum grabbed her keys, following Sarah away from the Chateau.

...

"Why didn't you tell me what he was saying, Tatum?" Sarah asked as she got into the passenger side of the jeep.

"Because it was none of my business to! I love you Sarah, and I don't know if you know, but I used to have a thing for John. You swooped in, and he fell in love with you right when I was figuring my shit out!"