𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

"Okay, JB. I'm gonna sit on the boat and pretend I've been there the whole time while you get the tanks. Yeah?" Tatum looked around the estate, seeing the Cameron family eating brunch.

"Yeah, I got it. Thanks for helping us out. I really do appreciate, Tate," John B said, stopping beside the Druthers.

"I can't imagine what you're going through, John. I'm genuinely sorry, you shouldn't have to know what losing a parent feels like. It's not fair," Tatum looked up into his big brown eyes as he looked into hers.

"I'm always here, whenever you need a friend or someone to talk to, I'm always here," John B gave her a smiled, and leaned down, pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you, Tate," He said, holding her waist in his hands while she rested her head on his chest. "Okay, we probably should get going. So we don't get caught," Tatum chuckled awkwardly, pulling away.

Tatum made her way into the yacht, sitting down on the couch while John B went to grab the tanks for the mission.

"Oh, hey!" Sarah said as she walked onto the Druther. Tatum's eyes widened, and she stood up quickly, walking out to meet her friend. "Are you stalking us? Plotting your revenge?" Sarah asked John B.

"Yeah. Why don't you just tell your daddy I blew the bilge on Druthers. Everything's good to go. Just toppin' off these tanks," John B lugged the tanks to the boat.

"Be careful. Don't want to drop those," Tatum chuckled, crossing her arms and leaning against the railing of the dock. "Are you okay?" Sarah asked, her voice dropping in tone.

"Yeah, I slept out here last night. I hope that was okay? I couldn't go home after what happened with Topper, and you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you," Tatum apologized.

"Yeah, of course it's okay. I'm sorry I told him to come in the first place. I know how he is with Pogues. I wasn't thinking, and let's forget about last night. We were both angry," Sarah gave her best friend a smile.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sarah turned her attention back to John B. "Cause that eye of yours looks really gnarly."

"Yeah, you know what? You can tell Topper he won the first round. I'll get him next time," John B slid into his boat. "So there's just gonna be a reign of terror on this island now?"

"Wars have been started for less, Sarah Cameron," John B told her, starting the boat. "Okay. Can we drop the whole Pogues versus Kook thing? It is really stupid," Sarah yelled out to him.

"Oh, you know it's easy to say when you're a kook," John B looked up at Sarah Cameron and smirked. Tatum chuckled, biting her cheek, waving to John B like the queen.

"He's such an ass," Sarah scoffed and Tatum laughed. "Come on, join us for brunch." "Can't turn that down, can I?"

...

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kie scoffed, lowering the anchor. "Okay, this one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together," Pope scoffed. "Does anybody know how to dive?" Kie asked the Pogues while they all turned their heads to look at Tatum.

"I don't know why you're looking at me. I don't use those things, Rafe and Topper do," Tatum crossed her arms, and JJ chuckled from where he stood next to the blonde.

"Anybody?" "It's kind of a kook sport," JJ looked at Tatum again, smirking. "Seriously guys, I can't dive." "I read about it," Pope raised his hand.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die," Kie overreacted. "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ said.