𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫

The next morning, Tatum thought it was about time for her to go see Rafe Cameron. "Rafe?" She called out as she climbed the stairs.

He flipped over a magazine that had supermodels in lingerie. "Sorry," he lets out a puff of smoke.

"It's a little late to be hiding that kink, Rafe," Tatum sits down next to him. "Why are you here?" Rafe runs his hand through his messy hair.

"I wanted to talk about what happened the other day," Tatum, flicks her hair over her shoulder, crossing her hands on her lap.

"Uh.." He scratched the back of his head. "Rafe, you can't just blow up at me like that. I get that you feel protective of me because I'm Sarah's best friend, and Top's sister, and you feel responsible. I get that, but you can't control me and my actions," Tatum searched his eyes for any reaction.

"And I'm sorry for yelling back at you, that wasn't nice, I don't usually end up doing the yelling," Tatum frowned, looking up at the dirty blond boy.

Silence practically echoed up on the porch, and Tatum felt as if her ears were bleeding from how defening it felt.

"Say something, Rafe. Please?" The boy just stared at the floor, licking his lips. "I came to talk about this but you can't even meet me in the eyes, so I think I'm just gonna go. Have a nice day, Rafael," She stood up, walking away from Rafe.

"Tate, wait-" He grabbed her waist, and pulled her into him. Their faces were inches apart, Tatum's heart beating so fast she thought it would rip out of her chest.

And yet, she held her composure, not letting her emotions get the best of her, even in the arms of Rafe Cameron.

Rafe stared at the blonde for a solid second before crashing his lips to hers. Tatum was shocked the sudden movement, and froze for a second.

"Wait," Tatum pulled away from the rough kook, questioning the choices in front of her.

"What? What did I do?" Rafe pulled away from her, stepping back as he started overthinking everything.

He ran his hands through his hair, "I-I guess I read it wrong. You flirt with me all the time, you're always over here looking for Sarah but you hang out with me. I'm trying to get close to you, Tate."

Tatum just stared at him, a solemn look on her face, "Rafe...I just-I can't. It's too soon, and I have a lot going on."

Rafe threw his hands in the air as she approached him, "No, you don't want this, so you can just leave."

Tears started to sting Tatum's eyes, "That's not what I'm saying, Rafe. No where did I say-"

"Go off with your fucking kook friends, I'm not pursuing someone who can't decide what she wants. Go fuck with someone else," Rafe sped past her, and down the stairs, leaving Tatum alone on the porch.

Tatum's phone rang, surprising her, and she pulled it out of her pocket. "Hey, what's up?" She answered the phone call from Sarah.

"Tate, I need you to come to the airstrip right now. I think my dad's trying to kidnap me with the gold!" Sarah whispered into the phone, the fear in her voice made Tatum concerned.

"Okay, I'm on my way right now. Stay there as long as you can, okay?" Tatum's breathing shallowed.

Tatum ran out to her car, out of the Cameron house, and headed as fast as she could to the airstrip to save her best friend. She just didn't know that Rafe was following her, and had listened to the entire conversation....

...

"Oh my gosh," Tatum gasped, jumping out as she slammed the car into park, running out onto the tarmac.

Sheriff Peterkin had a gun pointed at Ward's head as he was kneeled to the ground, hands on his head.

"I don't like being used. I've waited a long time for this," She started to handcuff him until Ward slammed his wrist into, breaking out of her grasp.

"No!" Sarah screamed as John B held her back, and Tatum gasped as someone grabbed her from behind.

A gunshot rang out.

Peterkin gasped, falling to the ground as Rafe came out from behind the plane, with Tatum in his grasp, the gun pointed at the sheriff.

"Rafe, no," Ward grunted.

Tatum had tears straining down her cheeks, and she was sobbing.

"Rafe, what did you do?" Ward looked up to his son, shock all over his face. He didn't think today would go like this.

The sheriff fell to the ground, and Tatum lunged forward before Rafe pulled her back into him.

"I save you, Dad," Rafe chuckled, clearly he was mentally unstable. "I saved you," He now pointed the gun over at John B who was holding onto Sarah.

Instagram!

Liked by: rafecameron, kiecarrera, sarahcameron and 276 more

Caption: and you're the hero flying around, saving face

Tagged: sarahcameron, kiecarrera

Comments:

sarahcameron: you have the best beach spots, tater tot 🤭                                                           reply: hehe thanks bb

popeheyward: next weekend, you, me, the girls, and the beach                                                   reply: you get it girl!!