𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬

John B walked onto the Cameron's boat, trying to put the oxygen tanks back on the boat without getting caught. Sarah and Tatum were passed out on the boat's couches, in just bikini tops and sweat shorts.

He walks in carefully, trying not to wake him, but Sarah rubs her face with her hand, "Wheezie, shut up."

The tanks clang against something, and Tatum gasps, shooting up. "God," Sarah groans, sitting up as well, "You're not Wheezie."

"Correct, yeah," John B sighs, and Tatum starts to stand up. "What are you doing?" Sarah asks him.

"Uh..Im just dropping off some scuba gear. What are-what are you going..here?" Tatum shakes her head, John B did not do good on the spot.

"It's our boat. It's also the only place with air condition." "Right." "Did you, um..top the tanks?" Sarah pointed at the tanks in his hands.

"No. No, the power's down, so the compressors were off," John B cleared his throat. Tatum looks in between her two best friends, worried about the next words to come out of Sarah's mouth.

"So you're sneaking onto our boat at 5 am with empty tanks? I'll make sure to tell Ward." John B tries to play cool, "Okay. Okay. Cool, cool. Just drop these off."

"Yeah, yeah, the middle of the room is fine," Sarah said, her voice dripping in sarcasm. "Yeah, this is pretty much what he told me to do." "Bye," Sarah said as John B started to walk off the boat.

"Actually, you know, what-what exactly were you gonna tell your dad?" John B chuckles, turning back around. "Nothing much. Just that you poached our scuba gear."

"Okay, fuck. I borrowed it for a few hours. Okay? And then I brought it back intact and unharmed." "Minus air," Sarah scoffed, looking him up and down.

Tatum just stood there, not knowing what she should do. She didn't plan for this to happen.

"Look, please don't tell him. Okay? He'll fire me." "So what are you gonna do? Pull a gun on me?" "I didn't know JJ would do that," John B sighed.

"That's convenient to believe," Sarah scoffs, and Tatum looks like she's had enough.

"Sarah, I told John B to fill them up because I wanted to surprise you and go diving since we can't do anything indoors anyways. I mean, you saw him taking them yesterday," She smiled kindly.

"Maybe you should get better friends," Sarah tells the small blonde. "Well, maybe you should get a better boyfriend," John B defend the blonde girl.

Tatum had to admit, she liked that he was standing up for her. Like he was her boyfriend.

"Like one who doesn't poach?" Sarah scoffs. "John B shook his head, "Look, please, just don't tell him. Okay?"

"Relax. I'm not gonna tell him anything. Your secret's safe with me, John B." The brunette bites his lip, and Tatum fixes her hair, glancing at him.

"Okay, you can leave now," Sarah turns over to fall back asleep. "Right. Yeah. Uh..I'll leave-I'll leave that right there." "Bye." "Later."

"John!" Tatum whispered quietly, walking out behind him. "I'm sorry about Sarah. She's a little hard-headed sometimes," Tatum scratches her head.

"It's okay. I should've checked in with you to see when I should've brought the tanks back. That's on me."

"Okay, well, I gotta get some sleep, knowing what you probably have planned for today. I'll see you later, John," Tatum reaches up and hugs him, John B's arms wrapping low around her waist.

"Sleep for a long time," John B chuckles, releasing the beautiful blonde.

...

Tatum and Sarah were talking to a little girl who lost her toy during the hurricane. "Oh, so you left her in the boat?" Tatum smiles.