𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

Rap music played at the Thornton house as Topper was hosting the party of the summer. Tatum looked up to see her idiotic brother on the roof, drink in hand, obviously a little more than tipsy.

The small blonde shook her head and walked through the crowds of people, trying to get inside her house.

"Yo, Rafe!" People started yelling and Tatum just sighed, knowing there way no way out now. "Well, if it isn't Miss Thornton," Rafe leaned down and whispered in her ear, sending shivers down Tatum's back.

"Bye, Rafe," Tatum walked into her kitchen, the boy following her. She reached up to grab a cup from the cupboard, but couldn't reach it, so in perfect timing, Rafe put a hand on her waist, and raised his arm to grab the cup, setting down in front of Tatum, wrapping his other hands around her waist.

"I don't have time for your drunken antics, Rafe," Tatum tried to push his arms off her. "I thought we could finish what we started earlier in your room, sweetheart," Rafe kissed her ear, and Tatum's heart fluttered.

She rubbed her head against her shoulder, and turned her self around in his grasp to look at him.

"I'm not your play toy, Rafael. I'm not easily seduced by you either," she looked up confidently at him.

"Yeah, we'll see about that later, Tatum. We'll see," Rafe released her, and Tatum felt the warmth of his hands leave her body, walking away from him to join the party.

...

For the rest of the party, Tatum was watching Rafe from afar, watching him make deals with people, selling them coke.

He pulled Topper over and made him snort a line, and Tatum couldn't watch anymore. She shook her head in disbelief and walked away, unaware that he was watching her too.

Tatum stormed up to her room where she kicked out a couple making out on her bed. She groaned in disgust, and sat down on the bed, her face in her hands.

"What's your problem, Rafe?" She turned her head, feeling his presence.

"What?" He asked, walking into her room and shutting the door behind him. "I said, what's your problem. First, you try to seduce me in my own fucking house, and then you make my brother do a line when you know our dad's history."

Tatum sighed angrily, "You're supposed to be his best friend. I don't care that you're high right now, it's sick that you're this fucking addicted," Tatum scowled, standing up and shoving her finger in his chest.

Rafe's smirk faltered slightly, remembering their history. "Tatum, I'm-I'm sorry." The blonde looked down at the floor, tears welling in her eyes.

"Hey, I'm sorry, Tatum. I shouldn't have brought it at all. Not here," Rafe looked down at her, furrowing his brows, feeling guilty for what he had done.

"I'll kick them out. It's not a problem, I'll take care of it-" "No. It's Top's party and he'll just get in a rage. And I can't deal with his temper right now. It's fine," Tatum said, wiping the fallen tear from her cheek as Rafe sat down on her bed, looking up at her.

"It's not fine. It's my fault, and I-I feel terrible," Rafe leaned down, and pushed a couple strands of her hair behind her ears. Tatum looked up at him, making eye contact before their eyes drifted to each other's lips.

She could feel his warm breath on her face, smell his cologne. Before she knew it, she closed the small gap between them, pressing her lips to his.

Rafe's hand snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to him as he kissed her soft, plump lips. Tatum stood between his legs, her hands around his neck, playing with his hair.