𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

Tatum sat in the corner of Sarah's room, in a ball, crying her eyes out while Sarah paced around.

"What are we gonna do? What-what happens?" Sarah was starting to hyperventilate.

Tatum couldn't even help calm her friend down, she was already preoccupied calming herself down from the previous moments.

"We have to get out of here," Sarah stopped in front of Tatum, leaning down to look at her best friend.

"Tate!" Sarah shook her best friend who picked up her head to look, her mascara streaming down her face along with her tears. Her face was red, and her eyes were puffy.

"Your brother just killed a woman."

Tatum was in disbelief.

"What?" Sarah asked, not understanding what the hell Tatum was talking about.

"Your brother just killed a woman," Tatum met eyes with Sarah, a blank expression written all over her face.

Ward opened the door, and walked in, looking straight at the girls on the floor by Sarah's bed.

"Girls, come here, please," he motioned to the bed.

Both girls reluctantly sat on top of the bed, "What's gonna happen to Rafe?" Sarah asked.

Ward sighed, looking in between both girls. "Baby, nothing's gonna happen to Rafe."

"Excuse me?" Tatum spoke softly, confused why he wasn't going to be punished, "What do you mean, nothing'll happen?"

"Honey-"

"That makes no sense!"

"I know it seems that way. Listen to me, sweetheart. You grow up in this world thinking there is good and there's evil, and that's how it should be because that's helpful when you're young when you need some kind of...."

Ward paused for a moment, "Structure. But there reaches a point when you realize that the world isn't organized along some divine idea of right and wrong. It's not. It's something else. It's family...and tribe."

"Ward, your son just killed the Sheriff. What plan could there possibly be?" Tatum shook her head, throwing up her hands.

"And you, Tatum, you're family. You have to pick a side. Both of you."

"No," They both said quietly, but full of determination.

"Him or us."

Ward left the room, leaving Sarah and Tatum in the bedroom alone.

Tatum embraced Sarah into a hug, when all of a sudden, the door locked.

"No." Sarah ran to the door, trying to get it to open.

"No. No! Shit! Let us out. Let us out! Please!"

Tatum just sat on the bed, watching Sarah freak out, crying to herself not knowing if she'd ever see the Pogues again. She thought she made the wrong choice.

"Dad, please!"

...

Hours had passed, and the girls were still locked up in Sarah's bedroom, waiting to be let out.

There was a knock at the window, and the immediately ran to find Kie waiting to save them.

Kie struggled to get the window open, looking at her friends in sorrow before holding up a poster. It was a wanted poster for John B.

"Oh my god," Tatum exhaled, her heart beating fast.

"Are you in on it?" Kie asked them, referring to the caption.