𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐤𝐚𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐚

Tatum said goodbye to her friends, and drove home in her red wrangler, the top down and her hair flowing in the wind, the sun beating down on her back.

She thought about last night's commotion, her and John B's embrace, and she felt guilty. For more than one reason too.

Tatum loved John B, in many ways, but the more she loved him, the more she knew it was brotherly love, the kind Topper rarely showed her.

John B was her safe space, her home away from home, and realizing how she must have led him on last night, she felt terrible.

She pulled up to her house, and parked in the driveway, walking in, feeling the cooler air from the shade wash over her.

She walked up the stairs to her room, and started slipping out of her clothes when someone knocked on the frame of her door.

"What the fuck!" Tatum grabbed her shirt and threw it over her chest, turning to see who was there. "Why are you in my house?"

Rafe smirked, and looked the girl up and down. "Why aren't you wearing a bra under your top?"

Tatum bit the inside of her cheek, and exhaled loudly. "I swear to god, if you don't get out of my house right now, so help me god-"

"Cool your panties, T," Rafe slowly walked over to her, towering over her small frame. Tatum's breath hitched, and she unconsciously backed up till she hit the frame of her bed, trapped.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior last time we spoke," Rafe could smell his best friend's sister's perfume, and god did he love it.

Tatum tried to hide her change in breathing, but Rafe knew the effect he had on her in that moment.

"You're forgiven," Tatum looks up at him, swallowing. "Good. I don't like it when I make you mad," Rafe whispers, his voice giving the teen butterflies.

Tatum's breath hitched, and she looked to the side, "I need to get dressed," She steps to the side, grabbing her change of clothes and locking herself in the bathroom.

Tatum finished putting on her cute crocheted skirt and white crop top, looking up at her reflection in the mirror. She pushed her hair behind her ears, and sprayed a tinsy bit of perfume behind her ears and on her wrists.

"Are you going to the clean up at the beach?" Rafe asked the small girl as she walked out of her room, down the stairs, the former following her into the kitchen.

"Why, would I influence your decision to help the community?" Tatum asked sarcastically, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Maybe a little," Rafe winked at her, the girl's heart melting in her chest. She didn't know why all of a sudden her brother's best friend was making her weak in the knees.

"Well, I am going, so if you're going to come, bring a good attitude. I'm not dealing with your shit today," She grabbed her keys off the counter, and walked out to her car.

"Yes, ma'am," Rafe grinned, placing a toothpick in her mouth. "I'll see you at the beach," He nodded, hopping on his motorcycle and revving the engine as he pulled away, showing off in typical Rafe fashion.

...

"You should have heard the way John B talked to me," Sarah informed her best friend and her boyfriend.

"That kid's got a mouth on him!" "Well, he showed his true colors, Sarah," Topper throws in, and Tatum rolled her eyes. "He was so rude!"

"I know! It's what I've been trying to tell you. You and Tatum both!" Topper looks at his sister.