𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐲

JJ and Tatum were sitting on the side of the hot tub while Kie and Pope were messing with the levey system.

"John B pullin' a Houdini," JJ set the beer in the cupholder. "Yeah, where is he?" Pope asked, "I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done."

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ yells as John B crossed the yard of the Chateau. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

"No he did not. I did that," Pope corrects the blond. He ignored all of them, and continued walking into the house.

Tatum gave JJ a look. "What's that all about?" Pope asked. "I was gonna ask you the same question."

John B was going through cabinets, knocking things over when the group came into the house. "You all right, man? What-what's up?"

"What are you looking for?" Kie asked. "Bro, what's going on, man?" JJ asked, standing next to Tatum. "John, what happened?"

John B reached under the sofa cushions, pulling out the gun. "John B, what do you need the gun for?" JJ lunges forward. "Just-no!" Kie said quickly.

"Talk to us!" JJ grabbed him. "John B, chill!" The brunette threw JJ on to the pull out couch, walking further into the house. "What are you doing?" Tatum asked as she ran to JJ.

"Hey, you good?" Tatum asked concerned. Once she got the okay from JJ, she walked right up to John B.

"John Booker, if you don't tell me right now why you're coming up in here, tearing it apart, and pushing your friends out of the way-"

He ran out of the house, hopping onto the motorbike, revving it. "Ward knows about the gold. He killed my dad," John B looked back at them.

Tatum gasped, running after him, Kie following. "John B!" "Shit!" JJ yelled as he caught up to Tatum who watched John B speed away.

...

The group of teens sat in the HMS Pogue at the Cameron's dock, trying to figure out a way to stop John B.

"What now? We just go up to the front door and ask, "Hey, have you seen John B?"" "Look, he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible. Look, we can play dumb," Kie shakes her head.

"I can ask Ward. He's my godfather, and I've been home all day. He wouldn't know a thing," Tatum nodded, looking at everyone.

"No, you're not going in there alone," JJ crossed his arms. "Look, I've never seen John B like that. We should honestly be going to the cops," Kie says.

"The cop-yeah, and say what, Kie? We're worried about our friend because he's on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John? Like, they're not gonna believe us!"

"Hey, I see Ward," Pope looks through the binoculars. Tatum stands up straight looking up at the house.

"Doesn't look dead to me. Let's go home," Pope turns to the blondes. "What?" Tatum whips her head around.

"Uh..okay. Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay? Plus I have the biggest, most important moment of my life in six hours," Pope reasoned.

"Yeah, well, our friend is in trouble," Kie argued. "I'm in trouble," Pope points out, "Guys, I haven't been home in three days."

"My dad's probably put all my shit on the street by now." "This can't be it. He needs our help..he's-he's not stable right now!" Tatum exclaims looking at JJ.

"Tate," JJ puts a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, I have a scholarship interview in the morning. I can't-" "Okay, well, what about John B?" Kie asks.

"Why is it always about John B?" Pope yells at her while JJ leads Tatum over to sit on the side of the boat. "It's not always about John B. You're so stupid. It would be any of you in this situation."

"Oh, bullshit!" Pope calls her out. "Guys-" "This is about friendship." "Bring it down," JJ says from his spot next to Tatum.

"Look, this is about Pogues for life," Kie cries out. "What about forensic pathology, huh?" "Forensic pathology?" She questioned.

Tatum looked up to JJ, "We shouldn't be here." JJ sighed, looking behind her at their friends, "Yeah. You're right. Pope, come on," JJ stops their fight.

"No, no. She has no room to talk. Where were you when Big John went missing? You weren't there. You weren't there for John B. You weren't there for any of us."

Tatum watched the fight break out again between Pope and Kie. "Remember your kook year? Yeah, you forgot about us. Even Tate, the purest kook there is was there for us. Now you feel guilty."

Kie licked her lips, tears in her eyes, "Give me a break," She pushed him away from her. "Is that what you need?"

JJ let go of Tatum, jumping up to stop their fight. "Hey! Yo, yo, cut it out, all right? If I'm mediating, we've hit rock bottom. Bow, now," JJ pointed behind him, talking to Pope.

"Pope, I'll drop you off," JJ said, starting the boat, and driving them all away from the Cameron's estate.

hey y'all!! so sorry it's taken this long for me to update!! i've been so busy with school i barely have any time to catch up on tv shows i'm currently watching crazy right?? 

i'm sorry this chapter's so short, but I felt like the next part of it couldn't be attached to this, you'll see. it's pretty important to the story line!! i'm giggling writing it so i really hope y'all enjoy it!

also, omg!! i'm so thankful for all the reads and votes! i didn't think any of my stories would be read by anyone so i'm so grateful to all y'all!! and i love to see your comments they totally crack me up lol