𝐬𝐩𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

John B sighs, not finding gold on the shipwreck. "It's not there. Look, just-just pull the drone up. Shit." The atmosphere around the group changed to disappointment super quickly.

"Look, we can do another pass. Recharge the battery. We can-we can go back down."

"Guys, we've done it three times. There's nothing there," JJ calls from the controls. "Shut up!" "What? It's true!" JJ yelled back at Kie.

"The gold could be buried. We don't know." "If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay? Somebody beat us to it."

"Or it was never there," JJ grumbled and Tatum wrapped an arm around JJ's back. "Don't get all negative on me now, J. It's not the right time," Tatum leaned her head against him, and JJ smiled slightly, liking the attention he was getting from her.

...

"Boat like this don't just sink, Dr. Thornton," The man tells Cynthia as Topper and Tatum stand with their hands in their pockets.

"How much is this gonna cost me?" "Ah, submerged 24 hours, so you're lookin' at 25, 30k."

"And insurance won't cover it?" "No. Not for operator error. Plug wasn't in there."

Cynthia looks at her children, a look over anger on her face. "Well, why-why are you lookin' at me?" Topper defends himself.

"Why do you think?" "I did not forget to put the plug in, Mom. It's been sitting in the water for a week," Tatum inhales sharply, biting her lip.

"I thought that when the two of you turned 16, you'd take a little more responsibility for your actions."

"Mom, I did not do this! Are you kidding me? You think I'm that stupid? Why is this my fault? Maybe Tatum did it."

Cynthia looked from her daughter to her son, "Because it usually is." Cynthia sighed, her heels clicking on the dock as she walked away.

"Way to throw me under the bus, Top. I never even go out on the boat," Tatum turned to walk away. "I bet your little Pogue friends did this," Topper grabbed her wrist.

"And if they did? How is that my fault? I don't control anybody's actions but my own, thanks very much."

..

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this," Kie smiled as she and Tatum and the boys went to go see the drive in movie.

"Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?" Kie looked behind her at the boys.

"Ecstatic," Pope cleared his throat. "My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." Tatum helped Kie set up their chairs while Pope leaned over to JJ.

"We're out of the green zone, man." "Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ told the frantic boy.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia. This is the last place I wanted to be." "Shut up, Pope." 

"What's going on with you guys?" Tatum put her hands on her hips as she walked after Kie, going to get concessions.

"Can I get two pepsis please?" Kie pulled the money out of her pocket. "You need to tell me about that party later, okay?" Kie smiled at her best friend. "Oh my god, it was ridiculous," Tatum laughed.

"Hey, Tatum," Rafe walked up to the blonde girl, the tension between them still there. 

"Hey, what's up? How are you?" Rafe smiled down at the girl, and Kie just stood there, confused. "I'm fine," She let out a sigh, looking up at him.

"Good, good, I'm glad after that party that you're fine. Um, tell your boy that we know what he did," Rafe tilted his head to the side.

Tatum shook her head, "Sorry? What boy are you talking about? I know quite a few," she pressed her lips together.

"Uh, he'll know," Rafe stared at her for a second before Tatum broke the silence. "This is about the boat, isn't it?" She looked to the side, biting her cheek.

"You know what, tell your boy to stay out of my business. Being his bitch isn't a good look on you, Rafe," Tatum took one last look at him and joined Kie with the drinks to head back.

"Just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, 'Tell your boy that we know what he did.' What's with that, huh?" Tatum raised her eyebrows and Pope looked frantically to JJ.

"Umm. Where is he?" "Right there," Tatum looked behind her at rafe, Topper, and Kelce.

Pope dramatically turned around and Kie snorted. Topper smirked when he made eye contact with Pope, and Rafe sipped on his drink, watching Tatum sit with JJ.

"Great, the whole death squad. Ah!" "Don't stare, bro," JJ hit Pope's head, making him turn back around.

"Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now."

"Yeah, yeah," Pope talked it up. "If that doesn't work, I got this right here," JJ held up the familiar backpack.

"Yeah, yeah. So, we just gotta stay in the group." Kie and Tatum gave each other a look, and scoffed. "They can't get us in the group." "Like a school of fish." "Stay in the school. Can't leave the school."

"I'm sorry, JJ...Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here," Kie speaks up as Pope rocks back and forth. "JJ, there are kids."

"No! Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?" "Oh, wow, thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ," Kie said sarcastically.

"Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst Pogues. What are Rafe and my brother talking about. Did you pull the plug?"

"Tatum, it might go down tonight." "What does that mean? 'Might go down tonight.' What did y'all do?"

JJ glanced at Pope and barely opened his mouth, "Deny, deny, deny." Tatum threw her hands in the air.

"This is ridiculous. I can't believe the two of you!" Kie rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms.

Kie and Tatum were sitting back in their chairs, watching the movie. "Hey, where y'all going?" Kie asked JJ and Pope as they got up and crept away.

"We gotta wring it out," JJ responded, making eye contact with Tatum. "You're gonna hold it for each other?" 

 "You're gonna hold it for each other?" 

liked by: jjmaybank, rafecameron, kiecarrera and 347 more

caption: this is my mamma mia summer

comments: 

kiecarrera: god you're literally so pretty!!!                                                         reply: babe so are you!!!

jjmaybank: can i be the skye to your sophie 😏                                                reply: jj take me on a date first geez

rafecameron: answer your phone tate