Chapter 3

At 5 am Lan Wangji was wide awake and smiling as he went to the tub to get himself cleaned up 'Tomorrow is the day!' he thought to himself excited as he closed the book he was copying because he didn't want to lose some of the library texts when the Wens come running here to burn his home down.

'Now what would be the best impression to make when he enters Cloud Recesses
from the gate?' he thought to himself. 'Wink? No! too boooring! Mnnnn...should I say 'Hello beautiful'? No too common, and I'll sound like a creep! Second Jade of Lan? A creep? No please, I need to be the best version of myself!'

"Wangji."

Lan Xichen entered the Jingshi "Will you take over the night patrol tomorrow? You're last day in secluded meditation is tomorrow, if you don't mind."

Lan Wangji shook his head "Will do."

Lan Xichen then looked closer at his brother 'What the heck you looking too intensely at me for!?' Lan Wangji thought as Lan Xichen smiled teasingly.

"You look excited for tomorrow."

"Ah so you've noticed? Never would have thought.' Lan Wangii glared at him. "Is the supposed person you wanted to meet, probably one of the guest students?"

'Brother shouldn't ask questions he knows the answer to.' Lan Wangji did not answer him and just stared at the floor. "Why not tell your gege who caught your eye?" His older brother teased. 'Because you'll play Cupid and all that, I'll never understand why, and you'll know why and who soon enough.'

"Brother will know." was all he said making his brother sigh "Fine, since when did you keep secrets from me?" Lan Wangi raised his brow at the older.

"Wangji did not keep secrets, just felt like not telling."

—————————

Wei Wuxian drank some of emperor's smile This stuff is good!' He smiled to himself.

"I should bring some back for Jiang Cheng!" He smiled to himself before making his way back to Cloud Recesses.

As he entered the Ward and jumped on the roof he heard a deep voice which made him want to shudder.

"Past curfew, go back, come again at 7."

He turned and saw the most gorgeous man on earth.

—————————

'Waahhhhhh! Wei Ying! My love! You look soo prettyyyyy ahhh! I hope you find me gorgeous because I had put a lot of effort into this! Not like I need effort but still!'

Lan Wangji glared at Wei Wuxian to keep up the role play.

"Aww come on! I didn't know the rules! Surely you can make exceptions!" Wei Wuxian pouted.

'Do not pout at me little bunny! It's hard to resist!'

"Turn around, look at the wall."

Wei Wuxian did and as he did last time, his mouth went wide "That's too many! How are you all even alive at this point!?"

'Honestly speaking, I don't know either.'

Lan Wangji then said "Come, take punishment."

Wei Wuxian just looked at him in shock "Whaaat!?" Wei Wuxian quickly shook his head before holding out his emperor's smile.

"Here! I'll give you one and you'll pretend you never saw me."

"How about a kiss then I'll be sure to tell no one I saw you?"

"H-huh!?!?"

Wei Wuxian could not believe what he just heard. 'Did this handsome man just- flirt!? Or am I hallucinating? Maybe I am! No- Wait! He's coming closer Wth!?'