Chapter 9

There were purple whip scars all over the boy's back.

"Wei Ying..." he said softly, as if he was afraid the boy will break.....which he is! Literally! If Wei Wuxian wasn't important or if he didn't know the future he would have long gone to Lotus Pier declaring war for hurting his beloved!

He could feel the other shudder, Lan Wangji sighed as he took some of the cold pond water and placed it on the other's back. he could see that some of the Zidian marks have been reopened...last timeline he had 300 hits along with him.

He did not want to know how much pain the other had been in while he was being a total jerk.

He wanted to slap his past self.

"You don't have to tell me if you're not ready yet."

Wei Wuxian nodded "Thanking him"

Lan Wangji wouldn't force him but he felt like he should share something from his side.

"Is it fine if I tell you about my mother?" Lan Wangji asked which caught Wei
Wuxian's attention.

"If that's fine with you." he didn't want to pry "Nonsense, if it wasn't fine then I
wouldn't ask."

He carefully washed the other's wounds with the water of the cold spring as he talked.

"My mother was framed of murder." he started "We were told she killed an elder but she refuses to answer why she did so, until her death no one knew why."

"She was sentenced to death until, father went up and tied his forehead ribbon to her, wrist and another to his, which represents an engagement."

"Is that what your ribbons stands for?" Wei Wuxian asked and Lan Wangji blinked in shock 'You copied the rules and you don't know!? Maybe that was why you kept on asking for it last timeline, and why you pulled it out.' he realizes.

"The ribbon symbolizes restraint, only family and spouse are allowed to touch it." he explained 'Obviously you're allowed.'

"Your future spouse will be lucky." the other grumbled and hohoho is that jealousy Lan Wangji hears?? He internally smirked to himself 'My soulmate, beloved, please stay near me.' he thought to himself.

"Anyway, continue on your story." Lan Wangji blinked and continued "He married mother but both went onto lifelong seclusion, brother and I then came in the picture, we were only allowed to see her once a month."

"That's outrageous!" Wei Wuxian yelled.

"Loud noise is forbidden, but no one's here so I'll let that as-pass." he cleared his throat at the slip but the other didn't notice it.

"You can't just separate a mother from their child! What about your..." Wei Wuxian trailed of, it was cute seeing him concerned if he might break through a line.

"I have never met my father, I didn't wish to see him." Lan Wangji looked away "You should try to visit him." Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian who turned and met his eyes.

"It could give you a chance, some children don't have father's, if you don't like how the meeting with your father went, then it's fine if you do not wish to see him again." Wei Wuxian patted his shoulder.

"Mother would have liked you."

This caught Wei Wuxian off-guard "She's shameless and loves to tease, you both would get along just well."

Wei Wuxian beamed "I would have loved to meet her!"

'Mother would have loved you as her son-in-law' he could only imagine.

—————————

After the talk, it was time for lunch, Lan Wangji usually eats in his own quarters with his brother sometimes joining him.