Chapter 27

"Qingheng-jun I was not informed of your arrival" Wen Ruohan greeted as he placed his cup of wine down.

Lan Qianfan kowtowed "'Apologies your excellency, I had Just finished the official papers of myself returning to be a sect leader."

"No need, prepare an extra table." Wen Ruohan said the last part towards the maids who bowed and left to grab the table.

"Qingheng-jun, if you don't mind me asking, Why did you leave seclusion?" Jin Guangshan asked curiously as usual he wants to stick his nose on other people's business.

"One of my sons visited me earlier today and opened my eyes, I have to thank him for that, although I did get a beating or two." Lan Qianfan shrugged.

"No details?" Jin Guangshan asked

"The discussion I had with my son will stay within family matters." with that he took his seat and everyone went back to normal.

"You have your father's eyes Lan Zhan." Wei Wuxian couldn't help but comment in a whisper.

"I'm guessing you took your time in getting him out huh?" He looked at the older.

"I needed you to meet you father-in-law."

This made Wei Wuxian blushed hardly.

"Father-in-what? Hahaha...nice joke Lan Zhan." hewhispered awkwardly and stuffed his red cheeks with rice.

Lan Wangji chuckled and ate his share of food as well.

—————————

Lan Wangji was walking towards a single hut in the bamboo forest.

'I have never met my father in my past timeline, I have only seen his dead body.' he took a deep breath and knocked.

"Come in."

And so Lan Wangji did.

"Who?" Qingheng-jun was confused.

"Lan Wangji, your second son."

This made his eyes widen "W-why are you here?"

Lan wangji gave him a blank look "Oh I don't know, you tell me what I'm here for?"

Qingheng-jun blinked before huffing "I guess Qiren wasnt wrong when he was telling me about you and your sudden changes, You've got it from your mother."

Lan Wangji nodded "Well yes but I'm not here to talk about that."

"And what exactly?"

"As you can see, Xiongzhang and I don't have a mother to raise us anymore, and Uncle is already getting white hairs, we need a father figure too."

"Are you suggesting you both will visit me monthly like your mother?"

A book was thrown onto his face "No stupid, I'm asking you to leave seclusion."

"I thought Respect your elders was a rule." Lan Qianfan rubbed his nose.

"There was no rule in bullying the elder technically I came here to bully you out of seclusion because war is coming and I still need someone to be my future husband's father figure."

Lan Qianfan snapped his head "Husband?"

"Oh he doesn't know it yet, he's as dense as a rock."

Qingheng-jun nodded.

"Your problem not mine."

Lan wangji sighed "My love life is no one but my problem but our problem right now is either you get out of seclusion or I drag you out."

"You can't drag your father out of seclusion."

"Try me."

"Wangji! My robes are getting dirty! And it's too bright!"

Lan Wangji dragged his father out of his hut and at least when they were halfway for from it he let go of his father's foot.

"There now that you've broke your seclusion, get yourself ready and go to the conference, If I don't see you there I'll drag you there myself."

—————————

The next day was when the competition was going to start.

"Lan Zhan are you ready for me to beat you?" He raised his brow at Lan Wangji. "What if I beat you though?" The older asked Wei Wuxian back.

"Okay, let's make a bet, I win, you buy me dinner, you win, I do whatever you want." Lan Wangii smirked.

"Deal!" The two shakes hands before Nie Huaisang interrupted.

"What if you both are tied?"

Jin Zixuan then scoffed "Then they do both, anyways let's get to the field, this place is a maze!"

The four then saw a Wen there extending his bow before shooting it straight to bullseye.

"He's pretty good." Jin Zixuan said before all three noticed Wei Wuxian's eyes lighting up "A-NING! YOU'RE REALLY PARTICIPATING!"

Wen Ning wasn't given time to react before Wei Wuxian's hug had dragged them both to the ground.

"W-Wuxian ge?" Wen Ning managed to speak.

"Wei Wuxian you get off the poor boy he looks like he's losing air!" Jin Zixuan said which made Wei Wuxian immediately scramble and help Wen Ning up.

"Oh right, sorry about that! I just haven't seen my dear brother in a while!"

Wei Wuxian said happily which made Lan Wangji question "Brother?"

"Lan Zhan don't be jealous! You're still me favorite! And yes, I see Wen Ning as a brother and his big sister as my big sister! Besides they were the ones who helped my back!"

Wen Ning shyly waved.

"Pleaaed to meet you, I am Jin Zixuan."

"This one is Nie Huaisang."

"Lan Wangji."

Now his name made Wen Ning's eyes go a bit wide "Is the one you keep ta-"

"AHahahHa Wen Ning how about you show us towards the field." Wei Wuxian quickly said.

And all Lan Wangji can think was 'HE TALKS ABOUT ME! HE TALKS ABOUT ME! HE TALKS ABOUT ME! HE TALKS ABOUT ME!'

"Lan Wangji stop spacing out and let's go."