Chapter 6

2 weeks into his punishment, Wei Wuxian was in the back hills with Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng catching fish. Wei Wuxian was having a day break from his punishment because in Lan Wangji's words "I don't want to see you without a hand."

So here he is! Playing with his brother and his best friend.

As they were splashing each other Wei Wuxian started a conversation "Hey Nie-xiong?" He called out to the other "Yeah?" Nie Huaisang asked fixing himself.

"Lan Zhan told Me you both were acquaintances."

'AHH JI-XIONG YOU WOUND ME! AFTER ALL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH!!'

"We only got to talk last year when I got caught smuggling alcohol."

"I just realized both of us smuggled alcohol and then boom we're friends."

"You really think he seems you as a friend!?" Jiang Cheng snapped "All I see is you trying to annoy him!"

Wei Wuxian stared at him "That's the point, you annoy someone until they want to be friends with you! Worked well with you didn't it?"

"We aren't friends!"

"Right right we're brothers!"

'Brothers? Tsk, in your dreams' Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes.

"Wei-xiong! Wei-xiong! Look a fish! Behind you!"

That distracted him and he turned to find the fish "huh?" He was cut off when he was splashed by Nie Huaisang.

"Huaisang!"

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me! I don't know anything!"

—————————

Nie Huaisang was calmly walking around until he felt himself got pulled to the side which made him nearly scream if it wasn't for the hand of his mouth.

"Huaisang."

Nie Huaisang calmed down before leaving the taller's grasp "What the heck was that for Ji-xiong!? Nearly made me get a heart attack!"

Lan Wangii shrugged "Anyway what do you need?" Nie Huaisang asked and Lan Wangji took out the book he was hiding and returned it to him.

"Aahh! I'm guessing you enjoyed it eh?" He teased "Could have been better." Lan Wangji said "You're a tough critic." Nie Huaisang huffed and the two were walking...more like Lan Wangji leading the way and Nie Huaisang following behind.

"What do you know about the Jiangs?" This caught the shorter male's attention "Them? Disgusting. I wouldn't mind if the sun took down the Main family, all of them are-" he made a fake gagging noise.

"Wait...isn't gossip forbidden in your Sect?" Nie Huaisang asked and Lan Wangji just pointed at a stone and made a line.

Nie Huaisang just stared, he saw this one, during empathy. Wei Wuxian did the same when Lan Wangji caught him.

"We are not within the sect, and it is not gossip if one is doing research on information."

Nie Huaisang bursted out laughing "Ah Wangji-xiong! You started bending the rules aye!?" He wiped the fake tears.

"I'll tell you what you need to know, but I can't tell you everything, just a brief description, Wei-xiong will have to tell you the rest." Lan Wangji agreed to this terms, he wanted to know more about Wei Wuxian by his own.

"Alright which one do you want to know first?" Nie Huaisang asked as he made himself comfortable on the ground.

"Jiang Wanyin."