Chapter 21

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE BEEN BANISHED BY MY OWN SECT!?"

Jinzhu didn't flinch "Madam Jiang-"

"I AM MADAM YU!"

"Although you are my master I was given orders to call you Madam Jiang, I cannot simply disobey." Both Yinzhu and Jinzhu knows this, no matter who their master is, as long as it is their master's higher up, they cannot simply disobey.

Yu Ziyuan clenched her fists, they were having this conversation in front of the disciples training.

She glared at them she was about to discipline them but Jiang Qing beated her to it "You are not allowed to give punishments Madam Jiang, it is also about time you take your role seriously." he said in a threatening tone, he looked at the disciples and nodded, motioning them to continue their training.

"Jinzhu, continue." Madam Yu said through gritted teeth.

"The Madam Yu, your brother's wife, was getting frustrated and driven mad by all the rumors that made her name look bad without knowing it was you the rumors were mentioning."

"THAT FILTHY WENCH-"

"Respect your sister-in-law." Jiang Qiong said as he pulled Yu Ziyuan's hair, Jiang Yanli didn't know how to help her mom, she was surprised that she, herself, didn't cower and left the scene just yet.

"She said that she will correct the rumors and make sure they know the difference between her and you." Jinzhu said calmly.

"Is she that weak that she would listen to the rumors!?"

Yu Ziyuan then received a hit from the back of her head "Don't think you aren't the same, 3 hours of kneeling added to your punishment." he said.

Yu Ziyuan wanted to protest but before she could Jinzhu spoke.

"They also have news regarding your daughter's core."

Now that caught everyone's attention and Jiang Yanli stiffened.

"Jinzhu jie, why don't we take that conversation inside."

"Why? Did you do something bad to make us lose face and which was the real reason they banished us!?" She yelled at her daughter.

Jiang Yanli looked at her grand uncle for help but he didn't bother, he was staring into her mother's head waiting for another mistake.

"Not that mother, but-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses! Hurry up and tell me!" Yu Ziyuan said to Jinzhu who was getting worried looks by her twin.

"Young Maiden Yanli's core hasn't Improved nor got formed because she does not wish it." with that simple sentence she turned to her daughter. "YANLI! IS THIS TRUE!?"

"M-mother-"

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK! ARE YOU TRYING TO SHAME OUR SECT!? IF NONE OF MY CHILDREN WILL BECOME SECT LEADERS THEN WHAT FACE DO I HAVE LEFT!?"

"Mother! I never wanted to cultivate! We have disciples! The can protect me! I have A-Cheng! Why bother le-" a loud slap was heard across the training ground.

Jiang Yanli held her left cheek with small tears leaving her eyes.

Her mother never hit her like this, she never thought she would hit her, she thought she'd only hit Wei Wuxian.

"ARE YOU STUPID!? YOU CAN'T ALWAYS FOCUS ON OTHERS! IF YOU GET KIDNAPPED AND NO ONE COULD SAVE YOU WILL YOU DEPEND ON THE KIDNAPPERS TO FIGHT FOR YOU!?" Her mother yelled at her.

"STUPID! USE YOUR BRAIN!" She aggressively pointed her finger to her daughter's forehead.

"WE HAVE ONE YEAR! THERE SHOULD BE IMPROVEMENT BY THEN OR I WILL HIT YOU WITH A CANE!"