Vivid Blue Eyes.

I was walking home on a rainy, gloomy, and obviously sad day. Darkened sidewalks, a darkened world in general, but that's what we get when water touches anything dry. I truly believe that rain causes peace, rain brings an ambiance that creates a longed for lonely sense of me time. Thoughts cross my mind when I'm in the rain, it gives me time to think, time to wonder what the future really holds.

I had a typical teenage crush like everyone else. A crush that had a difference though, a crush beyond what most kids call love. I felt like I was isolated in the room with her, even though there was 24 other students. It seemed for the longest periods of time it was me and her, we would exchange glances for mere seconds at hand. Normally I would just act like myself, but I couldn't. Not around her, she was special, too special. It seemed when I was around her time stopped, I was frozen in love. Cliche and all, but that is what I really felt. As years went by, we all know these grade nine "Relationships" never last.

I was invited to a coffee house by one of my closest friends. I wasn't really interested in the coffee though, nor was I interested in the fun. It was my last month in high school and I wanted to find a girl. Someone who I could call mine, for a couple weeks anyway. I started having a bit of fun, I noticed a blank faced girl standing at the back of the room, she didn't seem joyful like the rest, she didn't seem like she wanted to talk at all. Me being myself I offered my support. Gladly she explained to me that she was shy, she was hiding her face from me now. I finally got her to look at me. Wow. Her eyes were dark blue with a shade so vivid I could be lost, looking into them forever. What felt like forever was three seconds before I was called to my friend's game table. I invited her to join us, she accepted graciously. With a unafraid heart and a calm voice.

"Okay" she said.

*Leave a comment, please.