The Same Trip, Different Person

As Isabelle healed me, I would heal her. I would drop everything to see that in the end she was going to be okay, she was going to survive this. For once In my life, just for once, I had greater care for another person rather myself. I hid all my pent up resentment in her time of need, I only focused on her. No matter how much this foundation of hatred took over, she would be the center, she would be my cure from it all.

"Isabelle, its time to see Richard." I gleefully yelled trying to spread some of the little joy I had left.

"Okay. I'm coming, I guess." She didn't seem to be lively about the visit, she appeared to be living in sorrow, and it broke me. Out of all my worst feelings, seeing Isabelle in pain was by far the worst. I couldn't live with it, I wouldn't.

"C'mon Baby, let's get this over with." I said delivering a sense of hope.

"Okay Baby, I'll try." She said knowing it was something we had to do.

I understand I hadn't experienced what she felt, the pain that exploded her nerves, but... I guess we would find out what it was soon enough.

As we came back to the place we had already visited so many times, I couldn't help but recognize the beige walls that surrounded me.

"Hi William, back again?" The clinics secretary asked like she had become accustom to me being at the clinic.

"This is for Isabelle." I groaned to her leaving her with the impression I'm was in pain because of this, I was.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." She knew Isabelle meant everything to me, She knew I would take action if things were serious.

"Dr. Richards will be right there." She said with a little hesitation.

We sat down and suddenly I felt like deja-vu was taking place, like I had already done this exact thing once before. The only difference was it was with Isabelle. We went through the entire process again, instead of Isabelle being here for me, I was there for her every step of the way.

We finished the check up with normal news. The doctor repeating the same words he always did, its probably a cold, virus or flu. Nothing seems to be too extreme. In hope that everything was okay, we left with a larger amount of worry than we had originally. An abundant flow of fear for Isabelle.