I'm Here Isabelle

We sat in silence on the rather somber drive home. Isabelle was distressed and worried, I really didn't know what to do other than fill her broken consciousness with a feeling of comfort. We sat overwhelmed by hopelessness, in what seemed to be an okay check up, we felt something was out of place, something wasn't right.

"Isabelle? Do you want to talk about it." I asked with a soothing and peaceful voice.

"William, am I going to be okay?" She asked in uncertainty while tears formed in her eyes.

"Awe, Baby. Please don't cry, please." I couldn't handle the sight of Isabelle in pain, it was too much.

While tears streamed down her pale cheeks, I bit my lips trying not to cry. Trying to be the hopeful one in this, showing her I still was encouraged.

"Isabelle, I'm here, and I always will be. I will never leave you're side ever!" I stated with the most believable voice I possibly could.

"I know William, I won't leave either, but right now I need you more than ever, I can't live without someone to lean on."

Her makeup ruined and hair in a mess, I glanced at her. Sniffling with her head pressed up against the window, I shed a single tear. As it ran down my cheek and dropped onto my pants, I couldn't help but sniff my stuffy nose.

"William, don't." She said with her soft and already broken voice.

"I can't help it baby. I can't help seeing you in pain."

We arrived home and sat in silence with our wounded souls finally colliding. It was already apparent that I was crying, so what was one tear, turned into ten, and grew larger from there.

"William, I can't do this." She said explaining her lost hope in amid the battle of her physical flaws, definitely not appearance wise though.

"Baby, you'll pull through, I know you will." I said expectant of her physical recovery.

I took her hand and held it tightly, sharing the last bit of hope that wandered in me. In my other hand I opened the door and we walked into the light blue house in which I lived.

I sat down on our smooth leather couch and repositioned for space for Isabelle. After hanging her coat up and lying her purse down on our mahogany table, she came to me. She sat down slowly and cuddled up close to me, head on my shoulders comfortably.

"Isabelle, come closer." I said as she snuggle right tight with me.

"I love you Isabelle, I'm always here, you can always lean on me." I said as she did. Together we fell asleep with the TV still on. Still brightening our dim room. Soundly, we slept in each other's arms the rest of this forsaken night.