Game Table

As we sauntered over to the ceramic table placed in the shade we sat down comfortably nervous beside each other. We started playing a bit of Uno, then Scrabble, and then we started playing Poker. As the fun and laughter started she revealed her true personality, she revealed the weirdness in her, and I loved it. It was admiration to the fullest.

It came down to her and I joyfully competing against each others cards. We exchanged glances fearing our own choices and anxiously deciding what to lay down next. It was a showdown, as each choice was decided we both sat in tension. We knew it was all fun and games, but somehow we created the stare down in one of those old western movies, all in a one second glance.

It came down to the final turns, the decisions that she made I reciprocated. Ultimately reversing the game, however it seemed each turn was game changing. Entirely, it was all a matter of choice, was she bluffing? I couldn't tell, her eyes were emotionless and her face blank. The crowds of girls on her side, and guys on mine created the ultimate play situation. I picked up my last set of cards, and I nearly blew my poker face at the selection I had obtained. The selection that I thought would win it all, I was wrong.

I laid down what I thought was going to win. Almost as soon as my cards were understood the guys blasted their vocals. Cheering me on, all which was a soon to be sight of disappointment. She smirked at me and with what seemed to hold a glare of revenge. She laid down an unbelievable set of cards, the crowd of girls went wild. The guys stunned by her unreal set of cards, slowly realized what they had been cheering for was a waste. A sight of disappointment...

At the end of the day, we all had a blast and what was a shy girl turned into the star of the night. I shook her hand with a proud smile and walked her over to the dimly lit hallway that lead outside. We summarized the night, said our goodbyes, and walked home in separate directions. Inside I knew I needed to see her again, no matter what.