1. The Beginning

"God specialized in giving people a fresh start." -Rick Warren

So this is the beginning. How did I even get here? I have no idea where to begin to explain that simple question. All I know is it has been a struggle. From a happy little girl to a hurting teen, I have grown and changed and somehow managed to become the person I am today.

My family has always moved around. Last year my family moved to a new town. My family being my mom, my sister Jeanine, and me, Isabelle. It was a small town, but a town nonetheless. As soon as we got here, I felt unwelcomed. No matter how much I liked our new home, I never could seem to call it home. So I did online schooling for that year. But it is a new year and I cannot stay outside of this town any longer. After a year of waiting me and my mother went to the church we had been invited to; Westside. to our surprise we loved it and plan on going every Sunday.

I hope we can invite some of our neighbors over for dinner. One of our neighbors, the one who invited us to church in the first place, has a lovely family who I want to get to know. She has two children around my age, maybe more, and a husband she loves dearly. Then there are the neighbors across the street. I think they are the Hamptons. they are this beautiful old couple, but you would not believe it just by looking at them. They appear just over 40. Instead, I think they are closer to around 60 with grandchildren. They invited me to their church and it was remarkable just not my style. Then there are our neighbors beside them. They are this older couple with their granddaughter part-time. She is the sweetest angel I ever did see with the cutest smile and deep brown eyes. The little girl loves me almost as much as I love her.

At dinner the night after going to church, my mother talks to me about my plans for the year.

"What are you excited for this year Belle?" She asks

"Surprisingly I am super excited. Mostly at how important this year is for me.," I respond. And right I was. The junior year is the most important year for a student. Just imagine. All 11 years of school have led up to these last two years. It is the time to buckle down on your studies and prepare for testing. To get a driver's license and start working at the job of your dreams. Well as big as your dreams can even be for your first job that is.

"Just be prepared for all the boys to harass you. Being a girl at that school is hard Belle. You will get bullied. You can't be sensitive here. I am just gonna tell you right now.," My sister ads in. All I can do is shake my head and continue eating my food while my mom lectures her. Little does she know I'm not a little girl anymore. And I can handle situations like that better than she does. That's the thing about me. I may be meek and quiet but that doesn't mean I let mindless guys and catty girls walk over me. I know how to stand my ground by simply being nice and ignoring people. My sister and I have not had a great relationship since I was a baby. Ever since I was brought home she hated my guts. The only explanation I got was that I got all the attention and that I took away our dad. From a little kid's perspective makes sense but she is grown up. She shouldn't hate me anymore. I shouldn't have had to I wish she would see that I'm not that evil and that I know how to take care of myself. Or endure her telling me how I shouldn't be here or that I'm the reason her life is inadequate. As much as I love her, I have done no wrong to cause this much hate to be poured down on me. One day she will see me for me. But right now I have to not pay attention to her and focus on myself.

"I will do the dishes mom," I tell her, "go relax and watch a show or something."

~~~

*Bbbblllllllliiiiiiiiiiirrrriiiiiiiinnnggggg*