9. Just Having Fun

"We didn't realize we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun." -A. A. Milne ("Winnie the Poo")

"I am sorry Belle. I really am. I thought about what I said and I was way out of line. I don't want to lose you, Belle. I am happy to have you as my friend, even if that means nothing more. And you were right, we are better off as friends. I think I was just looking for anyone who showed me what you showed me. That true friend connection. I understand if you don't forgive me for my behavior, I would hate me if I were you."

"I don't hate you, Nate."

"Thank God. Do you forgive me?"

"Yeah. I'm still a little upset that you got so angry at me, but I don't hate you. You are one of my best friends, and best friends don't hold grudges. I love you, dude."

I don't know how I'm having this conversation. I still feel drunk.

"I will let you go hang out with Marco now. Sorry for interrupting," he started to walk back into the house, "Thank you for your time, Belle."

I watch as Marco comes outside to sit with me. He hands me a cup to drink as he sits in the chair beside me, and I realize he has a cup too.

"You know women aren't supposed to take random drinks from guys." I joke with Marco, too drunk to really consider what I'm saying.

He looks dead serious before saying, "Yeah, but I know you trust me. I would never hurt you."

I take a sip of the drink he handed me and immediately choke on it. I am surprised to find water in my cup and not alcohol. Is this a joke?

"Oh my gosh this is just water isn't it."

"Yes. What kind of guy would I be if I left you that drunk and brought you more alcohol."

I sit back and drink the entire cup of water. I didn't even realize I was this thirty. He really is a gentleman. I lay my head over the chair onto Marco's shoulder. His shoulder is solid but not too rough. I like his shoulders.

"I like your shoulders."

He chuckles at my bluntness. "Do you want to go dance?"

"Yes please!"

He takes me by the hand, pulls me from my chair, and guides me back inside the house into the living room. We dance to the music and I admire Marco's free-spiritedness when he parties with me. He sways his hips just the right amount and does little hops instead of full jumps to certain songs. I can feel the music pulse through my body and I just need someone to enjoy this moment with. I grab Marco by the hand as we dance in sync and I throw my head back in Ecstacy. 

'Don't Let Me Down' by the Chainsmokers comes on and I jump up and down in excitement. Marco grabs my other hand and pulls me to his chest. We rock back and forth to the rhythm of the music.

"I need you right now!" I sing the song staring right into his eyes. His beautiful blue eyes. I wrap my hands around his neck just as he grabs my hips. We laugh to the beat of the music, enjoying our time together.

He leans down to my ear and speaks up saying, "You look stunning tonight." I blush as we continue dancing.

~~~

"Can I have a beer?" I ask Marco as he opens the fridge. He grabs two beers for me and him. "Are you driving yourself home Marco? You don't need to be driving home if you are drunk."