18. The Confession Awaits

Marco sighs. "I need to talk to you about some things." His tone makes me worry but he sees my expression change and quickly explains. "Oh, I just want to tell you that I want to continue this. Us."

My expressions changes once more. "You do?"

"Yeah. I was nervous at first but I want to do this." He tells me with a serious expression on his face.

"I was also nervous at first. I stayed up so many nights wondering if this was the right thing to do."

"Me too, but this is right. I feel it in my bones," he declares.

We both have wide smiles on our faces and we giggle at one another. Just as we make our confessions to one another, we feel the breeze get colder and hear a light drizzle behind us.

"Oh look! It is raining!"

The drizzle picks up quickly and turns to full-on rain in a matter of seconds. As the rain picks up, Marco gives me a mischievous smile and stands up. He slowly crouches beside me and all of a sudden I am in the air with his arms wrapped around me.

"MARCO! NO, LET ME DOWN! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T LET ME DOWN!" I scream at the top of my lungs, not appreciating this sudden attack.

As he drags me out into the rain, I start to laugh as the first drop hits my skin. What started as torture has turned into fun. He turns me around in his arms. I am still up in the air but this time I am facing him. He slowly lowers me down closer to the ground and even closer to his chest. I stare into his deep blue puddles of eyes, his pupils growing ever so slightly. They are beautiful orbs.

I smash my lips against his in a moment of power. He is rubbing off on me in all the right ways. I can feel his heart pounding against my chest as I slowly slide down and my feet finally plant on the muddy ground. The squishy mud slides into my sandals and the rain drenches my short red dress and black jacket. My once straight hair is now soaked.

The feeling of his soft lips melts away any last struggle I was holding onto. I part my lips open slightly giving him full access to my mouth as water seems to seep into it as well. He tastes of mint and honey. Mmm. I don't know how he managed such an incredible mix but it is inebriating. I love his taste and I am not afraid to admit it. I could scream it to the world. It is a good thing my eyes are closed or else there would be water on them too. I tilt my head to the left and he deepens the kiss. His hand snakes its way from my lower back up to my cheek and around to my chin. He holds me steady before giving one final suck and he releases for gasps of air.

This is the most invigorating thing I have ever done. It is freeing almost.

"You are the best girlfriend I could ask for."

~~~

Two days after our date, I wake up bright and early. The sound of birds chirping fills my room and I can't wait for what today has in store for me. Today, Marco, my mom, and I are all going to church. Together. For the first time ever. We all go to church, but it means a lot that he would come with me and mom.

We made it official the other night as we swayed in the rain. It was so exhilarating. I love spending time with Marco.

We meet at the entrance of the church building and I feel my body go tense. What if she disapproves of him? I try to not let the negative possibilities fill my head as we walk up to Marco.

"Good morning ladies." Marco waves before we cross the distance to reach him, but as soon as we are close enough he pulls me into a hug.

My mom looks like she is going to explode. "Hey! No touchy!"