A Lesson To Remember

All of the children stood in a line across the wall.
Anxious for what this lesson might bring, in regards to a challenge. Or to the younger kids, sweet sugary candy.
Those kids would go crazy for something so simple as a lollipop.
Where as One and Zero we're looking to put their powers to the test.
Lessons and Tests were the only time to use their powers after all.
And so after a while of not having an opportunity to use them it can make even the tamest of them a bit antsy...

They were hoping to go up against each other. The last few lessons they were at a stand still. Both being stubborn, Papa eventually gave them a tie.
Otherwise they would have been there all night.

One and Zero smiled at each other playfully. Anticipating the victory between them and finally settling the score.

They were both slightly competitive...

Papa paced the room looking to mix it up a bit.
He laid his eyes on Two. He has witnessed his development and has considered him a challenge to the others.
"Two please, step into the circle adjacent from you." Papa smiled as Two did as told.

Then he looked around for his second candidate. And laid his eyes on his own daughter. "Zero, please join Two in the circle across from him." He said with a smirk
She did as told looking back at One hoping she will fight up to him. But she would be at a considerable disadvantage.  Being exhausted from fighting the rest of the subjects.
So she decided to just focus on two at the moment.

"Now remember, whoever is expelled from the circle by their competitor loses. GO!" Papa says encouraging the chaos that's about to ensue.

Before she had the chance to defend herself, she felt her feet lift away from the floor. But before the heel of her foot past the line of the circle she caught herself.
Then she stretched her arms toward Two and he started to slide, then stopped.
They both looked at each other with intensity and continued to try and make each other fly onto the wall.
Eventually they were both leaning in front of their bodies using the sheer power between them to balance.
Now it's just a waiting game to see who gives out.
There feet still giving into the pressure every now and again slipping toward the end of their  circles. Only to reposition themselves away from losing.

One quietly awaited Zeros next move. Hoping that she wins so that he could eventually win.
The pressure on twos feet was staring to ache but he wasn't planning on giving in. So he decided to move his feet around a little bit. Only for Zero to catch him off balance and propel him against the wall.

Papa helped him up and Two gave Zero an intense stare. Hating the fact that he lost to a girl.
"Good game!" She said with a smile only for him to stick the middle finger at her.
Her eyes widened in surprise and One wasn't happy about that little gesture toward her.

Zero went against a few others who were quite younger than her. She was easy on them, after all it's good sportsmanship. And she was biding her time for the real challenge.

Then eventually One was called to the stage. As he stood across from her, she smiled and he smiled back.
"Ready?"She asked
"I was born Ready." He replied

Then he drew first blood as he made her almost slide off her circle by an inch.
She looked down at her feet and then widened her eyes at him. Shocked at how close he was to defeating her. He displayed a confident smirk at her in retaliation.
Her eyebrows furrowed together and she smiled back.
Then she held both her hands up and screamed. Causing him to slide away from her. She took that opportunity to walk into the middle of the circle.
Then he pointed out "I thought you were looking for a challenge."
She raised an eyebrow "yes, you're the challenge."
He shook his head "the challenge is, if you are pushed toward the end of the circle, you stay there. You cannot reposition yourself."
Her eyes widened, she knew if she followed that logic she would most definitely loose.
After all she is an inch away from losing, and he was about 5 inches give or take.
Not to mention his powers were barley tapped in, and she was almost at the end of her limits.
But she was excited to beat him at all odds, something she could gloat about later.
All in good fun of course...

She nodded "challenge accepted." Moving back to the very end of the circle.
Papa raised an eyebrow he was happy with the slight change to this challenge.

They both pressed onto each other, hoping the other would slip. It would take one mistake, just one to loose.

The rest of the children 2 to 10 Watched with bated breath. In the lab this was their entertainment, for the most part.

The lights started to flicker across the room.

As they stood there facing off against each other. Their knees started to buckle a bit. Due to the pressure.
Zero has the feeling she was going to lose, he had the upper hand after all.

He however admired her persistence, and was afraid to defeat her. After all she was the one closest to him.
She could no longer feel her feet nor her legs. She felt as though she was over her head.
Then as she tried to regain her footing, there was an imbalance between their powers. And at that moment she wasn't deflecting his away from her.
She was flung away from the circle, she looked down to see she was high in the air.
Then she hit the wall and fell onto the cold hard tile.
Ones eyes widened as he rushed to her side
"Zero, are you alright. Zero!"
Her vision was in a blur, her eyes grew heavy. The world around her went dark and silent as she succumbed to exhaustion.
...................................................
Thanks For Reading, See You In The Next Chapter. ;)
Please do tell me what you think in the comments.