The Reveal Under The Mask

As her father lay among the deceased in the dark hallway, she gathered up all the strength she can muster.
She sat there, in solace knowing what she had to do.
The memories of her and Henry rushed through her mind.
All the tender moments between them. The smiles they exchanged. The conversations they had. The moments in rapture they shared.

Deep down this act of violence devastated her. This could have been avoided.
Regret washed over her, trusting him enough to remove the soitera was a bad move on her part.
She will never avoid that gut wrenching feeling gnawing at her again.
It was a warning.....that she should of heeded.

She stood up leaning onto the wall, still a bit weak. She had no other choice, she had to stop him, even if it means risking her life.

She looked down at her fathers corpse hoping somehow he could hear her.
"I'm going to make this right."

She kept her palms to the wall, carefully trudging between the corpses aligned throughout the hall.

A spine chilling scream could be heard further down the hall.
Inside the rainbow room.....
The lights in the hallway dimmed darker and darker. Eventually switching off and leaving her in the dark.

She leaned her back onto the wall her bosom heaving as she painted.
Moving slowly across the wall and towards the light emitting from the doors of the rainbow room.

She gulped grasping the handle, she slowly turned it and pushed open the door.

The room was brighter than ever, and there he stood his hand lifted up above his head.
His fingers curled tighter as he grunted, his eyes gradually closing.

Blood was smeared onto the walls and onto the floor. Covering the once happy rainbow that brought joy to the people who had once inhabited this room. Toys scattered the ground, and so did the crayons they once drew with. A tear escaped her eyes as she kneeled down at the sorrowful scene. Looking upon the many children who perished at the hands of such a brutal man.

The body of one of the children was released from his grip, it plummeted onto the ground all the way from the ceiling.

She outcries "No!"

He swiftly turned toward her, he glared down at her.

His hair is matted with blood, he smeared some of it into his hair slicking it back. His eyes protruded from his face. A dull shade of pink colored the whites of his eyes. The strain from the over use of his powers was shown from his veins extending on the sides of his forehead.

The fear of him was now real to her, before she never witnessed this side of him. It made her believe this whole time he was masking his raw demeanor.

She brought herself up and they were now face to face.

"Everyone in this facility apart from you and I, is dead." He said roughly.

She stood there as their eyes locked, backing away.

"Why...why would you do this?" She whimpered.

He walked toward her until she hit a wall cornering her. "To be free." He said softy.
........................................................

Thanks for reading