Alone Together

Throughout the many years they have resided at Hawkins lab.
They have found several hiding spots to avoid not only the orderlies but Papa himself.
Some hiding spots they grew out of as they got older. And some where big enough to hide in for years to come.

Their favorite was the boiler room as no one really comes in there except for maintenance, which is a rare occasion.
They would collect paper and utensils to draw with from the rainbow room, and food from lunch, like a bag of chips they could share.

They were happier together than with anyone else. They were each others safe haven from the hell that they were in.

As they sat on the hard concrete floor scribbling away. They would each steal glances at one another.
After all they were both around the same age. One being a few months ahead of Zero.
She was about to turn 20....While he was already there waiting for her to catch up.

"What drawing do you want for your birthday?" Asked One.

Zero looked up at him with a smirk and hummed, putting a pencil to her lips.
Then she replied " I don't want a drawing this year..."
One raised an eyebrow "don't you love my drawings?"
She nodded "yes of course, but this time...."
she pointed that same pencil at him and looked at him with a smile.
"I want you to write me a poem..."
He was confused, he had never once wrote a poem before...he has read them though.
He sighed as his eyebrows raised "I'll give it a shot.."
She clapped "yay!"
He looked upon her with a smirk happy that she was happy.

He raised an eye brow "what about?"
She rolled her eyes in thought then met with his eyes. "Us and our time together...."

He nodded then laid onto his stomach. His left hand keeping his head up as he put pencil to paper with his other hand.

(This is a song called waiting by Jamie Campbell Bower...kinda tweaked it to fit the story)

Us

Lights go down
You try to not make a sound
Hearts collide
We still have plenty of time

I'm like a child, a boy a young man of 20
And I believe in us 'cause you believe in me

And I'll wait for you in the dark
Arms outstretched comforting lover
My bones may be falling apart
But I'll wait for you and I to leave this hell together.

Lights go down
We try to not make a sound
Hearts collide
We still have plenty of time.....

He smiled at the page satisfied by the words he chose to convey his true feelings.

He handed the paper to her eager to know if she liked it...if she felt the same.

She smiled as her eyes went from side to side, reading his very heart on paper.
She looked at him in a way he had never experienced before.

She slid next to him as he sat up to meet her gaze.
There eyes met, she took a moment to look at his lips.
Then she wrapped her arms around his neck, still clutching onto the paper and kissed him.
He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her right back.
.......................................................

Thanks For Reading, I'll see you in the next chapter.
Please do tell me your opinions in the comments. I would appreciate the feedback...