Chapter 13 - A Warlock Story

Please VOTE, COMMENT AND MESSAGE! I would love some feedback from the fans and stuff. if you've been reading than become a fan and add The School For The Gifted to your library :) thanks! btw i want a new cover but dnt know what to do, any suggestions? OH and if anyone would like to design a cover please do so and send it. I will thank you in a chapter and give credit :) ALSOOO if you have anything to say about what you've read than tell me :) thanks !

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 13 – A Warlock Story

 Jonah was lying on the grass, both his hands behind his head comfortably. Giselle sat next to him with Nathan across from her and Jasmine beside him. There they were, the four of them, munching on sandwiches and sipping on iced tea acting like good friends.

Well, all of them except Nathan and Jasmine, He was too busy hitting on her to form friendships.

“You know Jazzy; you look phenomenal with your hair down.” Nathan whispered to Jasmine.

Jasmine giggled but then quickly went serious. “Cute, but don’t call me that.”

“Dude, she thinks your moss.” Jonah said with a laugh. “Lay off.”

“I’ll grow on her.” Nathan said while placing his hand on the grass next to hers, slowly under her palm a rose grew. Exasperated she lifted the small rose that lay under her palm; she smiled to herself before he snatched it from her and put it into her hair.

“Oldest trick in the book.” Jonah muttered to himself before shutting his eyes.

Giselle stiffed a laugh before sipping some iced tea. “Aren’t you a trickster yourself?”

Jonah shrugged. “I have to be, I’m a warlock.”

“Blah, blah, blah, don’t get him started.” Nathan said.

“I actually want to know.” Jasmine said. “Stop being so-”

“Irresistible?” Nathan asked raising both eye brows in a teasing motion.

Giselle rolled her eyes. “You guys should so get a room or a garden or something.”

“Jealous?” Nathan asked her. “There’s enough Nathan for-”

“Put a cork in it grassy ass.” Jonah said while sitting up. “I was just getting started.”

“Here we go.” Nathan muttered.

“My mom taught me everything I know about spells and stuff.” Jonah started. “She’s back home in Zeptora, probably cooking a pot of enchantments right now.”

“Oh please.” Nathan muttered.

“She’s a well known witch, by the name of Helga; my dad actually was turned into a black crow when I was ten.” Jonah continued. “Supposedly by accident, but he’s still alive, at home flying around in his cage.”

Jasmine stared at him like he was crazy.

“Wait, so he’s stuck like that forever?” Giselle asked him.

“Yeah.” Jonah mumbled. “I mean it’s okay I guess, he’s just not human.”

“Can he talk?” Giselle questioned.

“Yes, he sounds just like he always did.” Jonah replied. “His voice high pitched, hilarious and all, except in a crows body.”

“That’s fascinating.” Jasmine replied.

“It’s okay, my mom’s been putting all her power into changing him back.” Jonah said. “But he was changed by a greater force, and that’s all the information I got.”

“By accident?” Jasmine asked.

“So I’ve been told.” He replied.

“Are you done yet?” Nathan questioned. “I’m tired of listening to this crap.”

“So you were taught your powers?” Giselle asked him ignoring Nathan. “That’s not fair.”

“Ah, I knew you’d ask.” Jonah responded with a smile. “Well, when a warlock Is born they have magical blood, as they grow older the magic stirring in them grows wishing to unleash, if it remains unused then their powers will leak and then they will be turning things all around them into whatever they are thinking of without even knowing what’s going on.”

“So then your mom had to teach you everything.” Giselle said. “So you could learn how to use your powers.”

“Precisely,” Jonah said. “Once I was nine I was turning my carrots into brownies.”

Giselle laughed. “I wish I could do that.”

“Well when I was nine I had my own personal garden and my mother was a florist.” Nathan added.

“Because she cheated.” Jonah said. “She made flowers grow with her powers, which is cheating.”

“People cheat all the time.” Nathan responded through a fake yawn. “It only matters if you get caught, plus it was in Zeptoria.”

Giselle sucked in a breath right when the bell signaling lunch ended. They said their quick goodbyes and headed to there next classes. Most of them knew that the rest of their day would consume of regular, boring, gifted academy activities. All except Giselle, who knew she has so much more to find out about herself.

            *LATER*

It was the last class of the day and right after lunch. Giselle was sitting at her desk in the back of the room. A small breeze was coming through the window. The History of Element’s teacher was rambling on and on about famous element users. Giselle fiddled with her pencil listening to him go on about a famous water user from Zeptoria, wondering when he was going to get to the good stuff.

15 minutes left in class and Giselle was practically asleep, she forced herself awake when he mentioned the name glace. Her eyes widened, knowing that glace was Isaac’s last name and his mothers madden name. She could have sworn that he said glace, but when she sat up right she realized her mind was playing tricks on her.

“Yes, the historical water users moved with much grace, it was out standing, very witty and beautiful.” Sir Frank said.

Giselle put her hand in her palms waiting for the remaining class to be over. Inside she felt the burn of anxiousness. How badly she wanted to run into her room and read more on her father, and anyone else that might have had anything to do with him.

Could a connection be growing? Or was it just a stepping stone to find out more about this free spirited man she barely knew anything about?